Senior UX Designer
Goodfood Market (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment eco-system. Goodfood currently has more than 200,000 active subscribers and over 1,800 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Senior Product Designer will be responsible for developing world-class user interfaces and experiences that will contribute to the growth, the engagement and the loyalty of our members. We are looking for someone with strong creative, technical skills who can handle multiple projects at once - executing projects from ideation through production. The ideal candidate has a track record of success conceptualizing and designing user interfaces for mobile and web applications that have generated revenues, growth and retention at a large scale.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions
- Drive end to end iterative UX product design process, including developing and use of personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Ensure the consistency and respect of all branding elements across all platforms (web, mobile, app)
- Design, plan, execute and measure UX/UI optimization tests
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, stakeholder interviews and peer feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in a similar position
- An understanding of UX architecture, wireframes, UI design, low/high fidelity prototyping and validating your ideas with real users
- Experience working with and building up a design system to assist in story-telling about your work.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists, Business users and Product Managers throughout the design process.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrate your thought process and crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (e.g., Android and iOS).
- Skilled in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision).
- An understand of accessibility best practices and advocate for inclusive design
- Bilingualism (French - English) is an asset
- Passion for food
Our team strives to give our members a world class customer experience. We believe in being ambassadors of the brand to make the impossible come true from the farm to table!
What we have to offer our employees:
- E-commerce/ Start-up and fun work environment
- Ability to directly impact company results
- Competitive Group Insurance
- Personal days
- Bonus program
- Annual fitness credit
- Goodfood credits
- Employee stock purchase plan