Shipping is the trillion-dollar industry that people rarely talk about. It’s big, complex, cumbersome and fraught with legacy, which means it’s ripe for disruption and Zencargo are uniquely positioned to capitalise on this opportunity.
Our digital platform provides a central place for teams to gain deep operational and strategic insight into their supply chain. Through visibility down to the individual product level, our platform flags risks early in the supply chain to allow for business leaders to react and make informed decisions. This helps us deliver against our mission of making our customers’ supply chain their competitive advantage.
The combination of our vision, people and technology has placed us in Sunday times tech track 100 ‘ones to watch’, were awarded us the prestigious BIFA supply chain management award and are proud to be a part of the Tech Nation Upscale 5.0 cohort.
- We accelerate learning - Whether it's the research-led projects we embark or your own personal growth, learning is at the heart of Zencargo
- We're strategic - Every great result starts with a great plan
- We take ownership - We take initiative and do not blame others
- We build trust - We build meaningful relationships and support each other to deliver
- We are outcome-oriented - We focus on delivering a great product and service to help meet our customers needs
Having the right values is really important to us at Zencargo. If these values chime with you, we’d love to meet you.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. That’s why we’re looking looking for an UX Researcher with a broad range experience in planning and conducting research at all levels. We're looking for someone who is self-motivated, collaborative and passionate about research.
Supply chain's are naturally complex with many different user types from around the world interacting with each other. We're looking for a researcher that can help us deepen understanding of this interesting space we operate in and especially the needs of the players in the process.
- Working on generative and evaluative research in multiple product areas, empowering our teams to make customer-centric decisions throughout all phases of the product development process.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the business to gain a deep understanding of their research needs, generate hypotheses and autonomously plan for high-impact research.
- Conducting research initiatives making use of the most appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Organising research sessions, including working with the team on solutions to recruit and schedule users to speak with.
- Delivering insights in effective and impactful ways (user journeys, personas, ideation stimuli, etc), ensuring they're easily understood and actionable. You'll look for ways to effectively share these insights throughout the business.
- Working with the team to help others run their own research initiatives and achieve more impactful results.
- Presents a broad range of experience including generative and evaluative research, lab and field, qualitative and quantitative methodologies (including synthesis of both).
- Belief in presenting your research as actionable insights and challenges for the team to work towards, and not a list of recommendations.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Comfortable liaising at all levels within the business. Effective in seeking out, building and maintaining trusting relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- An organised, autonomous and self-directed approach.
- Effective and compelling communicator with the ability to distill and present research findings clearly, accurately and compellingly.
- Competitive salary and a pension scheme
- Internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- We offer flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days. We value output over face time. You’re free to work however you work best.
- £500 annual self-development budget for conferences and trainings - learning is important to us
- Excellent maternity and paternity packages.
- Fast paced environment with lots of room for creative freedom
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to change one of the biggest industries in the world
- Regular company socials.
- Weekly Yoga and discounts at local gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nursery salary saving
Founded in 2017, there are now over 90 of us. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we welcome diverse voices and views to help us solve problems in the industry in a fresh way. Our Operational and Commercial teams are experts in logistics, freight forwarding and growing a business and our Product and Engineering team have experience in international B2B marketplaces, disruptive communication platforms, running product development agencies and financial products.
Our founding team of Alex Hersham, Jan Reithmayer and Richard Fattal have wide ranging experience in the shipping and logistics industry, financial services, machine learning and online platform business. They came together to launch Zencargo in 2017 and since then have overseen rapid growth scaling a team across Europe, working with fast-growing businesses - we work with 30% of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the UK - as well as enterprise customers.
Zencargo raised a large Series A earlier this year and the team expanded to 90 people. We're backed by some of Europe’s leading Venture capital firms, Local Globe (Transferwise, Zoopla, Citymapper), HV Holtzbrinck Ventures (Zalando, Rocket Internet), Picus Capital (founded by Alex Samwer who co-founded Rocket Internet) and Samos Investments (Betfair, Ocado, Charlotte Tilbury).
What to expect from the application process
1. 20-30 min phone call - To find out more about you and for us to tell you about the role
2. 60 min value interview - 30 mins is spent asking you questions to see if our values align - these are the same set of questions we would ask anyone joining, regardless of role or seniority - and 30 mins for you to ask any questions about the business and our culture
3. 90 min competence interview to talk about your approach
4. Optional step: In-person whiteboarding session - We don't do take home challenges but we may invite you in for an in-person (or virtual) whiteboarding session and we would keep this to 60-90 mins
5. 60-90 mins to meet the Senior Team - A great chance to ask the ins and outs of the business and our aspirations.
6. Get hired!
A fair chance
Every role in the Zencargo team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, you.More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope and intend) cultivates an environment of belonging. We open our doors to those who share these motivations.