Who we are
At Brazen, we believe everyone deserves a job they love. Including you. If you’re in search of a job you love, then you've come to the right place.
Brazen is a fast growing, venture-backed SaaS startup in Arlington, VA (but location doesn’t matter, we are looking for top talent independent of location).
We are fundamentally changing the way professionals find new opportunities and employers connect with job seekers. If the idea of working for a rapidly growing SaaS start-up in a fast-paced environment sounds like the challenge and opportunity you’re looking for, read on.
What we do
Our virtual event platform offers employers, universities, workforce development organizations, and associations an innovative way to connect, engage, and chat with their stakeholders. Organizations like CVS Health, Deloitte, KPMG, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman and dozens of colleges and universities leverage our technology everyday to change the way they bring people together and communicate.
Who we’re looking for
We are growing fast and the demand for product improvements and new features is high. In order to continue to delight our customers with our best in class product we are looking for a UX Designer to help design UX for new functionality and to help improve UX on our existing features.
You should be excited about this opportunity if you’re someone who knows how to uncover what delights and frustrates a person using a software product, can interpret this into a desired user experience, can articulate the desired UX into user stories & feature requirements and can translate the impact of these improvements to a business value.
In this job you will
- Lead collaborative design reviews and usability testing to refine UX design artifacts.
- Understand and apply Human Centered Design (HCD) methodologies to craft the visual appearance, interaction behaviors, and activity flows of features.
- Synthesize customer requirements, user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints communicated by stakeholders to generate design artifacts that advance the user experience and promote usability.
- Create thoughtful and impactful UX design concepts, wireframes, flows, information architecture, prototypes, and UI patterns.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, rationale, and usage guidelines, both verbally and visually.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to refine the customer experience and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Interact extensively with customers and users, with a strong ability to make succinct and well-reasoned arguments for designs that benefit users.
- Work closely with user researchers and software engineers to identify implementation approaches that balance user experience/usability goals with technical cost.
- Own design projects which support major features and critical functionality.
- Design wireframes, high-fidelity user interfaces, and lightweight functional prototypes.
- Assist in product discovery including customer interviews, analytics, and prototype testing.
- Represent and provide the voice of the user(s) in business and product conversations and decisions.
How you will know you’re a strong fit for this role
- 7+ years of UX and interaction design experience, preferably within the SaaS industry.
- Fluency with wireframing tools (Axure, Sketch, Adobe CC)
- Must have problem solving skills with aptitude to support self-organizing multi-disciplinary teams with experience in persona development, data visualization, high-fidelity prototyping.
- Understanding of U.S. Web Design Standards, Section 508 accessibility requirements, and responsive design best practices.
- Experience with working as part of a Scrum (or other agile methodology) development team.
- Portfolio of UX design and/or research artifacts.
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around design artifacts such as user flow diagrams, prototypes, comps/mock-ups, interactive wireframes, etc.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, and extensive customer & end user interaction.
- Creative strategy expertise in solution development from concept to delivery for a variety of clients and projects. Critical thinking and deeply analytic is a must. You’re able to gather and interpret the information and data needed to inform UX and design.
- Excellent judgement in planning, critical-thinking, design-thinking, problem-solving, troubleshooting, coordination, management, and communication in a fast-paced environment that values creativity and flexibility.
- Good time management with ability to handle a large volume of work independently and proactively to ensure projects are delivered effectively.
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details.
- Ability to understand high level product strategy and vision.
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Familiar with Material Design.