Senior UX Designer
Gloo provides a personal growth platform that enables service providers, our “Champions,” to exchange better insights, resources, and technology to serve their people. Our company name reflects the trusted bond between people that serves as the foundation for growth, and everything we build strengthens that bond. We’re leveraging the same exponential tech that’s driving success in other industries and making it available through personal growth resources such as custom assessments, growth plans, and more. As one of Boulder’s most innovative and growing tech companies, Gloo needs more talented professionals who are driven to make a positive impact.
As a key member of our UX team you will bring a deep understanding of user-centered design processes to help drive our bold product vision forward. You’ll work hand-in-hand with UX Researchers, Product Owners, and Engineers to understand user needs, then translate those insights into creative solutions for our Web applications. You are a critical, inventive thinker with a deep understanding of information architecture, a passion for data-driven decision making, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively within a cross-functional team.
Finally, you have demonstrable experience working within agile product teams to deliver enterprise class applications that people use every day. Above all, you are passionate about solving real problems for real people, and bring a positive attitude surrounding the change you can make in the world.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leveraging our Design System to develop highly intuitive user experiences for our desktop Web applications by evaluating business goals, generative research, customer feedback, core metrics, and usability findings.
- Rapidly iterating on parallel design explorations, wireframes, and prototypes to arrive at elegant, simple, yet powerful solutions to challenging market problems.
- Collaborating with Product Owners, Engineers, Technical Product Managers, and UX Researchers in a shared-ownership model for application development.
- Providing executional precision throughout the course of the design and engineering lifecycle, including detailed documentation and design QA.
- Championing the value of user-centered design throughout the organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in HCI, cognitive psychology, product design or related field preferred. May be substituted with significant industry experience.
- 8-12 years of professional experience on a Product team (i.e. not agency work) utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to drive the design and experience of enterprise-class Web applications.
- Expertise in Sketch, design kits, component libraries, and a deep belief in the importance of process governance, especially at scale.
- Strength in information architecture, wireframing, interaction design, and rapid prototyping, and the restraint to properly iterate in an agile development process.
- Expert level knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and an ability to articulate the value across a multidisciplinary team.
- Deep understanding of usability heuristics and an ability to properly apply them across a variety of ecosystem properties.
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience of executives, product managers, software engineers, salespeople, and then constructively integrate feedback.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with process tools such as Abstract, Overflow and Clubhouse.
- Skill in rapid prototyping tools and remote usability testing.
- Experience working collaboratively with UX Researchers.
- Certification credentials from HFI or NN/G
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to keep you balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
- Company Happy Hour Fridays
Applications welcomed from those who are US Citizens or hold a Green Card.