Senior UX Researcher
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it!
Currently, Lalamove is a leading global on-demand delivery platform with millions of delivery partners serving millions of orders everyday.
With 1600+ employees spread across SEA, INDIA and LATAM, our 6-years old company has reached unicorn status in 2018, is well funded by prominent VCs and has kept growing at tremendous speed since.
Our strength lies in our internal values, namely Passion in serving local communities, empowering SMEs and our driver partners, Execution and Grit because that is how we differentiate ourselves by never giving up and striving for excellence, and Humility - awareness in ourselves to learn from others and never stop improving.At Lalamove, we strongly believe in the power of community. Millions of drivers and customers use our technology every day to connect with one another and move things that matter. Delivery is what we do best and we ensure it is always fast and simple. Since 2013, we have tackled the logistics industry head on to find the most innovative solutions for the world’s delivery needs.
Our vision is to bring communities closer and make city life easier by allowing fast and convenient circulation of goods. We realise this vision with a ‘glocal’ approach, building a robust operations team to adapt our product to local networks of businesses and delivery contractors. At the same time, we have ambition to build an international brand by establishing an even more global presence.
We are looking for a UX Researcher who is inspired by people, loves understanding why people behave the way they do, and has the technical skills to dig deep into motivations. You will be responsible for defining problem statements, determining research time frames or budgets, conducting different user research methods, forming insights and translating them into appropriate deliverables including reports, journey maps, presentations, and wireframes. You will work closely with the Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Data Analyst, and other departments for the purpose of promoting the best practices in user research. You will also work with internal teams in different cities across Asia, Latin America, and the USA to conduct research and understand drivers in different countries.
What you'll do:
- Define, plan, and conduct user research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle; from concept to design to production (define problems; create personas, evaluations, user-flows/journeys, user-feedback, analyze quantitative and qualitative user research; work with designers to build prototypes, etc.)
- Provide customer insights from people across different regions where Lalamove operates to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions
- Collaborate with other team members (designers, product managers, data analyst) to identify best practices and establish a data-driven, human-centric approach
- Liaise with other user researchers in the co-development and tracking of user-research needs and goals to ensure that user research is consistently supporting product initiatives.
What we seek:
- You have experience in user research or a related discipline such as UX design or design strategy.
- You are familiar with a variety of user research methodologies, such as: interviews and ethnographic-style fieldwork, survey design and analysis, moderating group conversations, running live prototyping sessions (in english and/or via translator), conducting co-design workshops, and engaging users remotely
- You have high-quality planning and organisational capabilities
- You have a strong understanding of UX and the latest technology trends
- You are a good team player, self-motivated, excellent attention to detail, have strong interpersonal skills and can effectively communicate to stakeholders
- You have some experience with basic mixed methods research, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are fluent in English
- You have fluency in other languages such as Spanish, Portugese, Hindi, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa Indonesian, Bahasa Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese
Nice to haves:
- You have a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, Design Strategy, or a related field.
- If you have experiences or talents that compliment your depth of research craft, such as in UX writing, service design, communication design, or others, please let us know.
- Your portfolio should include 1-2 examples of projects you’ve worked on in a research capacity. In your description of 2-3 example projects, focus on:
- The challenge you were trying to solve
- Your specific role on the project
- The research approach and methods you used
- Some of your key learnings, or insights
- The impact of your research findings on design and/or business strategies