Senior Product Designer
We’re building the first mobile platform for early education – a $60B market in the US alone – with the largest network of schools and providers across the globe. Based in San Francisco, Denver, & Austin, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. We feel fortunate to be able to build a platform that has a measurable impact on the daily lives of teachers, parents, and kids. The team includes former Amazon, eBay, LinkedIn, Square, and Zynga staffers, and investors include GGV Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Eniac, ICONIQ, Bessemer Ventures, and Mark Cuban.
Who you are:
Brightwheel is seeking a strong product designer to create new experiences across iOS, Android, and web, as well as contributing to our brand and marketing efforts. You'll work directly with our product managers, engineers, and company leadership to build beautiful products for teachers and families across the globe.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the design of key parts of the brightwheel platform, which serve hundreds of thousands of users daily.
- Partner with product management and engineering to design and build new features and user flows with a strong focus on speed and results.
- Fully own the design process end-to-end from wireframes to prototyping to ultimately final designs.
- Develop deep empathy for our users and their needs that informs all aspects of your work and enables you to create simple, beautiful solutions across web and mobile platforms.
- Incorporate data-driven insights, user feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into user-centric designs.
- Sweat the details while keeping an eye on the big picture.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- 4+ years experience leading UX and UI product design work end-to-end
- Excellent visual design skills with an eye for detail
- Excitement for rolling up your sleeves and doing all aspects of product design
- Innate curiosity and a craving for feedback to improve designs
- Experience with iOS, Android, and Web
- An obsession for creating simple and intuitive user flows
- A collaborative approach to working with engineering and product teams
- Enthusiasm for moving quickly and finding 80/20 solutions
- A passion for improving the world through education
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.