Pumpkin is looking for a Product Designer who loves animals and believes pets are family.
As an integral part of the Pumpkin Experience & Design team, you’ll participate in every aspect of the customer experience — with a strong focus on customer acquisition and growth. You’ll be a fearless advocate for our users, pushing every feature and interaction to be as impactful as possible. You’ll work closely with the Head of Experience and the Product team to concept, test and design experiences that convert and grow our business and make life easy for our customers. You will help create a seamless experience for pumpkins’ customers – from the first page they land on to the last claim they file.
What You'll Do:
- Create experiences for our customers that drive business results
- Participate in the overall strategy and roadmap definition for the Pumpkin product
- Conduct user research, interviews and testing to inform design decisions
- Collaborate with the product team to help develop sprint plans and design priorities
- Help own the pumpkin component libraries and style guide
- Design drop-dead gorgeous interaction patterns & micro-interactions
- Partner with engineering and help QA work as needed
- Continuously improve and evolve Pumpkin’s research & design methodologies
- Help manage and mentor associate designers and freelancers
- Work fast. Have fun. Love pets.
What We're Looking For:
- Outstanding portfolio of prior work that demonstrates strong UX design capabilities
- 4+ years of professional experience as a designer working at an agency or start-up
- Exceptional craft and executional design skills. Everything you touch is beautiful.
- Deep understanding of UX strategy and product design methodologies
- Ability to translate problem statement and user insights into design solutions
- Exceptional interaction design skills
- Experience working in agile and lean environments
- Strong command of design & prototyping software: Figma, Principle, etc.
- A love of pets – especially cats and dogs!
What We're Offering:
- Be a part of our mission to create a happier, healthier world for pets & their people
- The opportunity to join a team where every team member has the autonomy and support they need to boss their role and make empowered decisions
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k + company match
- Pumpkin Insurance and preventative care for every pet in your family
- Flexible PTO
About Pumpkin: We are a new pet care company on a mission to ‘Make the best pet care possible fur all’. While pet ownership & adoption rates are at an all time high, 1 in 4 families are unable to provide the veterinary care they want for their pet, mostly due to financial barriers. We created Pumpkin because we believe all parents should be able to give their pets medical care if they’re sick or hurt, and preventive care that keeps them healthy throughout their lives.
Our Culture & Values
We’re a team of engineers, product managers, marketers, data experts, designers, and customer service gurus who love and live for our pets – and for yours. The culture we have here, and the experience we create for our customers, is inspired and driven by 5 principles:
Pets Come First: Put what's best for pets at the center of everything you do
Trust the Pack: Help families make empowered pet care decisions
Jump Fences: If there’s a will, there’s always a way over them
Share Toys: Be generous with your gifts and amazing things will happen
Dig New Holes: Challenge conventions to create the future of pet health care