Founding Product Designer
Medallion is hiring for its first Product Designer to design the future of Medallion. As the first Designer, you will serve a critical role here: from designing the experience of new features, to iterating on every detail of the existing product, you will lead our design function. We're looking for a designer who works well under ambiguity, communicates clearly, loves collaboration and feedback, and is looking for a small-company environment. Medallion is growing fast and we have a culture that promotes transparency, hard work and kindness to others — if this sounds like you, get in touch! We'd love to hear from you. Please make sure to add links to your work and experience.
What you'll be doing
- Design new features from the ground up and iterate on existing ones.
- Continue to iterate on our design system to design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Work directly with our CEO/Founder and Engineering to facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and UX is high-quality.
- Solicit feedback from other teammates.
- You will report directly to the CEO/Founder
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for web applications.
- A portfolio showcasing your work in from prototyping to implementation. Ideally we can see a design system you've built in the past.
- Know how to create re-usable, accessible, and modular designs that scale.
- Experience collaborating with others in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with other stakeholders to develop the strategy and reasoning behind features.
- Experience with prototyping to explore and convey potential design solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bonus: worked at a sub 50-person company before.
Medallion is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.