The Internet you know and love is at risk. A range of political and commercial forces threaten our chances to keep the internet a global public resource, open and accessible to all.
At the nonprofit Mozilla Foundation, we’re passionate about fueling a movement for a healthy internet! We do this by engaging movement leaders and inspiring thousands around the world to take action alongside us.
We’re seeking a one-year fixed-term UX/UI Designer who cares deeply about user experience and design. In this role, you will advance our web platforms to increase Mozilla’s impact. We are a distributed team, with members currently working remotely and in offices (Toronto, San Francisco, Vancouver, London and Berlin). We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- A passion for user-centered design, collaborative work, and solving problems.
- You are passionate about advocating for our users and their experience, and have the ability to help internal partners engage this audience through your work.
- Ability to execute a project from start to finish: (i) plan and coordinate tasks, (ii) seek out requirements and feedback from stakeholders, (iii) research, analyze, and strategize, (iv) create sketches, wireframes, high fidelity web designs, and prototypes, (v) perform user testing, and (vi) work directly with engineers
- Ability to balance a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines, and prioritize work from partners.
- Experienced in collaborating across cross-functional teams, partnering regularly with content creators, developers, campaigners and other partners.
- Effectively give and receive feedback with your design peers, engineers, and program staff.
- A strong portfolio of design work showing a talent for creating elegant design solutions.
- Experience with agile and iterative design processes.
- High level of skill with modern design and collaborative tools such as Sketch App, InVision, UserTesting, Github, Airtable, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge about industry best practices, accessibility, and responsive design and an eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools.
The Mozilla Foundation can hire in the jurisdictions of the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany.
If you are deeply interested in the role, please don’t hesitate to apply even if your experience or skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We seek to hire a person who will become an integral member of our team! We all love to expand our skills through our work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.