Udacity's mission is to train the world's workforce in the careers of the future. We're an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner-level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We’re backed by some of the best-known investors — Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few.
Focused on self-empowerment through education, Udacity has the potential to transform the world by providing life-long learners with the chance to skill up in cutting-edge technology, while also creating meaningful impact. We also partner with the enterprise market to bridge the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. As their partner of choice, we are providing a powerful and differentiated solution to address their needs. If you are inspired to be a core component of this transformational opportunity, read on!
As a UI/UX Designer on the marketing creative team, you'll report to the Creative Director and help to improve the experience on Udacity’s website. You will have influence over all aspects of the customer experience across all product touch points. You will have the opportunity to work within our established systems and brand while re-evaluating and rethinking the patterns which brought us to today. As a growth UI/UX Designer at Udacity, you will lead the design experience of Udacity.com, collaborating with other team discipline Leads. The ideal candidate will be driven to build and scale new products and services that our customers love and demand.
- Design elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight our users.
- Translate quantitative and qualitative data into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, prototypes at varying levels of fidelity with Sketch, Framer, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Zeplin and other contemporary design tools.
- Work closely with product management, marketing, and engineering to guide and deliver new web experiences and iterate on launched experiences across Udacity’s platform.
- Create designs for the entire customer journey connecting a user’s experience from marketing materials to purchasing and using our product.
- Work with Data and Research teams to collect the data necessary to inform design direction.
What we value:
- 4+ years experience designing consumer and B2B product experiences, for mobile and web, in a SaaS business environment.
- An eye for world-class digital design, with an uncompromising attitude towards delivering polished, pixel-perfect designs.
- Expert-level understanding of design tools like Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite. Framer and Zeplin is a plus.
- Experience in UX, UI, visual, and end-to-end product design.
- Experience with A/B testing and well versed in principles of conversion-focused web design.
- Experience designing for e-commerce websites.
- Comfortable conducting customer research from insight panels to usability tests.
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.