Senior UX/UI Designer
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Alongside our corporate partner, BCG Digital Ventures is hiring for a top global payment provider in Denver, working to shape the future financial services landscape
We are looking for an exceptional Senior UX/UI designer who is passionate about designing and building the best consumer experiences to help drive the rapid growth of this disruptive startup. Reporting directly to the Head of Product, you will lead discussions around product updates to improve customer experience, and then guide the team through an end-to-end development cycle where teams prototype, then productize an experience. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from collaborating on the vision of the experiences to defining the creative direction, to end stage user testing and iteration to deliver a high-quality product.
In this role you will:
- Work on web and mobile products and features
- Collaborate closely with product owners and designers to ideate new products and features
- Create wireframes, visual designs (email templates, landing pages, site images), beautiful icons and elegant layouts for any type of device (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Develop pixel-perfect specs and design documentation, based on product requirements
- Work within existing style guidelines and create a consistent look that aligns with our brand
- Analyze data-driven insights and user research to inform design decisions
- Partner with developers to ensure creative styles are within technical constraints
- Implement a cross-discipline perspective that considers multiple aspects of the brand/business/experience and creates a way for businesses to align with design to solve problems
- Develop artifacts to make opportunities tangible for multiple audiences
- Identify and collect exemplars and articulate their design logic, benefits and tradeoffs
- Develop lists of prioritized concepts, wireframes, annotations and UX mapping
- Create design briefs that outline design iterations, prioritized concepts and timelines
- Develop choices around design and user interfaces that allow cross-discipline teams to solve customer pain points and challenges
- Perform wireframe iterations based on feedback from internal reviews and user testing
- Construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate your UX/UI design: functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience
You should have:
- 5+ years of professional web design experience
- Extensive portfolio of work across multiple platforms (UI design, illustration, brand development)
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Suite and Figma
- Understanding of UI, UX, interaction design, HCI and animation principles
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS, Webflow, and Invision
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to collaborate with a team, as well as being able to work autonomously
- Passionate about being a part of an integral part of solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions
- Care more about successful outcomes and happy customers than your design vision
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously
- A ready, online portfolio.
Additional desired competencies:
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
- Fintech experience
- Entrepreneurial track record; we want builders!
What we offer you:
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinary passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.