About the Role:
Abstract is looking for a part-time, contract (1099) UX/UI Writer to help shape the customer experience for designers and stakeholders who use our product every day. This is a remote, US-based role, expected to last through 12/31/2020.
What you'll do:
- Craft high-quality UI text throughout our product experience
- Audit existing content for consistency and brand voice & tone
- Advocate for best practices across all our in-product content
- Partner closely with other content producers across the company
- Manage and prioritize projects with multiple stakeholders across different time zones
- Balance business strategy and customer needs in guiding the user journey
- Collaborate with design, product, engineering, customer success, and marketing
- Evolve the product-focused areas of our brand voice and tone guide, and contribute to it’s overall maintenance and evolution
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in creating content for digital tech products
- At least one year’s experience working in a remote environment
- UX writing portfolio with samples of your work
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills with extensive experience collaborating with engineering to ship products
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats
- Ability to shift gears and pivot based on customer needs
Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Microsoft, Cisco, Intuit, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is fully-remote (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!