We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a UX Researcher to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. We are a Toronto-based, venture-backed, startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized business (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
You'll get to work with our talented teams of product, engineering, data and growth experts. Our COO has worked on brands like Frank and Oak and built products for Supercell, MachineZone, and Trivago. Oh, and our CEO? 5 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
Today you might be a User Researcher, Usability Researcher, UX Strategist, UX Analyst or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
The most important characteristic of our UX Researcher is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you are passionate about ensuring that our customer's stories are a fundamental part of all product development.
Required for this role:
- You live and breathe leading customer interviews and product testing
- You love building well structured user personas that are anchored in data
- You’re obsessed with understanding user behaviours, needs and motivations
- You get giddy about sharing customer stories with the product team to help them build solutions to real problems
- You know how to connect the dots between product, data and business teams
- You’ve worked on a fast scaling SaaS product
- You love FinTech
- You’re familiar with product design software (e.g., Figma, Sketch)
If you are this close to what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, and we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a UX Researcher you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation/equity, and one hell of an adventure.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.