At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Teachers Pay Teachers is growing! We’re rapidly developing digital tools to empower teachers in their classrooms, wherever those may be.
As a UX copywriter, you'll use your gift of language and work alongside product, product marketing, design, and user research to create clear, engaging, concise copy that helps to bring clarity to the landscape of products at Teachers Pay Teachers. In this role you will support the teacher experience across the Digital and School Access products. This is a fantastic opportunity for a thoughtful, creative copywriter to have a meaningful impact on teachers’ lives. You’ll help solve problems in how teachers create, access, and manage their classroom resources.
- Use writing and editing skills to write in-product copy that facilitates user navigation, as well onboarding, error messages, transactional emails, instructional copy, and other components of the end-to-end user experience
- Shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete tasks, with a bias toward brevity
- Drive guidelines and best practices by creating a shared glossary of terms, backed by research, for cross functional use across all of TpT
- Provide rationale for copy decisions and iterate based on testing and feedback
- Approach copy editing and proofing with accurate attention to small details in both copy documents and designs
- Work with brand team to adhere to brand standards, including brand voice and copy guidelines
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers; influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback
- Make decisions and drive adoption of mechanisms that elevate how we approach copy and raise the broader team’s awareness of what’s required to make great use of language and to improve and scale the work across the team
- Contribute to overall achievement of specified product and company goals
- Participate in brainstorms to enhance brand storytelling, product naming, feature nomenclature and taxonomy challenges
- 3+ years as a digital/UX copywriter
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences with diverse sets of needs and wants
- Ability to always choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across
- A familiarity with taxonomy to help build better information architectures for products and content
- Stellar copyediting, proofreading, and copy-enhancing chops
- A portfolio demonstrating both simple and more complex digital in-product copywriting work, including ideation and collaboration
- Ability to synthesize data and business requirements to make more informed copy decisions
- The ability to explain the difference between i.e. and e.g. (yes, there will be a quiz)
- Preferred, but not required:
- Proficiency in InVision, JIRA, MS Teams and Adobe suite preferred
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in EdTech