HOMER is looking for an enthusiastic contract-to-hire Product Designer to join our Web Experimentation Squad. This squad is dedicated to increasing conversion of their web experience by running a series of experiments on their homepage, funnel and through various channels (influencer, paid search, social) landing page tests.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the early learning program that gives kids the best start to their learning journey by offering fun, personalized, and proven learning products for kids ages 2-8. We are a venture-backed, high-growth business that offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits in a creative, flexible environment that invests in professional development.
Reporting into the Director of Digital Product Design, this role will partner on the squad with Product Owners, Data, and Engineering teams to identify winning solutions and then build, test and learn from them in order to continuously iterate on revised hypotheses and create a continuous lift in conversion across channels.
- Support the HOMER product roadmap and overarching brand vision by driving product UI design across multiple platforms, including mobile and web.
- Conceptualize intuitive user experiences across platforms and devices by considering market context, industry and competitor trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability
- Rapidly create user experience artifacts including functional specs, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, prototypes, and low-fidelity sketches
- Iterate on design solutions based on feedback, research and test results.
- Work collaboratively with the product team to determine the UI needs coming out of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to ensure product designs are executed to spec and help resolve any implementation issues that may arise
- Demonstrate the ability to design for different audiences within and across multiple products under one brand
- Contribute to our consumer-centric culture by collaborating with the Director of Research & UX to conduct both qualitative and quantitative studies (could include field observations, data analysis, customer interviews, play testing/usability studies and surveys)
- Have a strong interest in brand and industry best practices, and work collaboratively with the UI/UX designers at HOMER to implement cohesively.
- 4+ yrs of professional experience designing for web in a consumer product company
- Familiarity with A/B testing and designing thoughtful experiments that identify tactile solutions
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of brand and marketing
- Strong knowledge of best design practices while also ensuring an optimal customer experience with business-driven results
- A portfolio that clearly demonstrates your experience with web, mobile web, and ideally native mobile design.
- Ability to discuss your design methodologies, including examples of how you validated your design approach from sketches/wireframes through to implemented designs
- Ability to estimate the time and effort of your work, in order to participate in product planning
- A clean and strong design sense that values usability, simplicity and consistency
- Experience in developing, contributing or working within a UI design system
- Experience in working in/contributing to a high-performance culture
- Experience in the following tools / programs: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Connection to our company mission of providing kids the best educational start possible
- Experience in designing children’s media / product or games
- Experience in designing for different audiences within and across multiple products under one brand
- Experience in designing purchase flows and conversion funnels
- Experienced prototyping skills (Invision, Framer, Protypr, Origami, etc.)
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
HOMER is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. HOMER does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.