Senior Product Designer
Sendle builds shipping that is good for the world. We help small business thrive by making parcel delivery simple, reliable and affordable. We’re a B Corp and the first 100% carbon neutral delivery service in Australia and United States, where we harness major courier networks to create a delivery service that levels the playing field for small businesses.
In the last year alone, we’ve made huge strides towards our goal of becoming the largest SMB eCommerce courier in the world, moving from a single country operation in Australia to successful launch and operation in the US. We also launched major partnerships with eBay and Shopify recently, too!
But most importantly, we’re a bunch of good people doing good work, solving real problems for real customers. Wanna join us?
What you’ll do
Your role will collaboratively work with Sendle customers, Sendle stakeholders and other internal teams to design and validate product features and hypotheses. You'll be working on projects that define, and solve, customer pain points and meet business goals.
- Demonstrate product vision to help shape, and improve the customer journey through our product. Influence the user experience design, solution, and implementation to build customer trust in our service;
- Work with the Lead Engineer, Product Manager, and Product Owner; to define, shape and implement features that improve our product-market fit.
- Along with a UX Researcher, be responsible for knowing the customer pain points, struggles and journey within your product area’s focus;
- You’ll be responsible for driving the design process, from research through to design assets, implementation quality, and release strategy. Basically, be involved in all stages of the design process, and happy to get your hands dirty by doing the work;
- Will guide and mentor more junior designers on design processes and skills;
- Work with the rest of the Design Team to improve the overall look and feel, design consistency, standards and patterns of Sendle.
What you’ll need
- You are genuinely excited about solving real customer problems and can empathize with the user, you have an eye for detail and want to design a service that works beautifully for customers.
- You’ll have experience iterating on a product through multiple releases and feedback, as you drive towards an overarching vision.
- You value collaboration as much as we do, are humble enough to listen, yet confident enough to ask questions and participate in the debate of ideas.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changeable environment. Enjoys taking on new experiences and overcoming complex challenges in first-time conditions.
- Enjoy’s a minimum viable process (and may have built a process), and you look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter.
- You’ll need to be a positive person who is diligent, has a 'never give up’ attitude and loves to focus on the detail.
- Working as a part of a team will be something you love, curious about how to connect with the ideas and knowledge of others to always be building better solutions and outcomes.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We put others first. We embrace and seek feedback from others.
- Honest - We speak gently but frankly. We take ownership of our mistakes and speak the truth.
- Happy - We enjoy the journey. We are optimistic and find opportunities in all things.
- Hungry - We aspire to make a difference. We aim high, step out of our comfort zones and tackle the hard problems.
- High-Performing - We relentlessly deliver. We know the goal and work fearlessly towards it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you want to be a part of something remarkable then we’re excited to hear from you.