Senior Product Designer
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Do you believe that design can change the world? At Indigo you will have the opportunity to directly impact the future of agriculture by working on products that reinvent how crops are grown and sold.
We’re a quickly expanding UX team, creating software solutions for farmers, agronomists, grain buyers, and scientists. Indigo is constantly coming up with new product ideas and is looking for experienced designers to work collaboratively with key business stakeholders, product managers and developers to bring these ideas to life. If you thrive in fast-paced, start-up environments and are interested in the opportunity to own the design of end-to-end solutions that solve some of the most challenging problems facing modern farming, we’d love to talk.
- Gather foundational knowledge and facilitate feedback collection from users
- Translate complex requirements into simple solutions
- Create compelling and easy to use workflows
- Collaborate with Dev to ensure designs are buildable
- Work within and contribute to our component library
- Balance business goals and deadlines with best practices
- Keep the big picture in mind while focusing on week’s execution details
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly moving environment
- Positive, can-do attitude; comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Team player; skilled at working with different personalities and aligning the team to drive solutions
- Focused on the end-user and their needs
- Passion for Indigo’s mission and core values
- Strong communication skills
- Ongoing desire to learn
- 5+ years professional experience designing for desktop and mobile products
- Experience designing complex responsive software web applications
- Experience in an agile environment, working closely with Product and Dev teams
- Bonus points for:
- Visual design
- Moderating research and usability sessions
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.