Lead UX Strategist
Our lovely London office is seeking a Lead UX Strategist with a specialism in Platforms (Website and Apps). In this senior role, you’ll work directly for one of our biggest global tourism clients to extract the foundational insights and actions for their brand site, app and other digital platforms.
Role & Responsibilities
The UX Strategist will control the global UX and design picture around the tourism platform (website and app) creation and development. They work alongside the Business Strategist to ensure and plan that the client’s ad-hoc briefs and our ongoing design improvement briefs are structured as part of the strategic bigger picture, making sure that we’re always heading towards our bigger strategic goal for the client.
Day-to-day, the UX Strategist will work with the client, take their briefs, interrogate, question and understand their actual needs. Then the UX Strategist will prioritise briefs against current work streams and work with the production team UX Lead to ensure the design teams fully understand the ask and are working in-line with the client’s needs.
If your strategies are as thoughtful as your motivation, we’d like to meet you to tell you more about our super-fast-moving but easy-going company and the things we love outside work, including winter sports. In addition to an unlimited supply of A-list clients, A+ colleagues and A-OK coffee, MediaMonks gets you a one-of-a-kind company culture, celebrated through all the awards.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this position and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for this role.
- For this senior-level role, we’re looking to hire someone with 5+ years of high-level experience devising successful UX strategies for global platforms.
- Your portfolio demonstrates superior process, research and problem-solving skills, along with a talent for presentation.
- You can gather business objectives, and drive analytics measurement plans to identify experience issues.
- You have a knack for creating clear and actionable strategy proposals, free of needless jargon and empty words, going beyond the obvious, and never slipping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- You’re a hands-on practitioner, not afraid of sitemaps, experience maps and block diagrams, always eager to get your hands dirty and help shape both the briefs and actual UX design work.
- You have functional research skills and know all about the good, the bad and the ugly of digital products and platforms.
- Your critical understanding of digital media and its users enables you to ask the right questions to better-define what needs to be achieved in the first place.
- You care deeply about effect because you value people’s time more than anything in the world; your great sense of empathy allows you to propose user-centric solutions.
- You can provide UX leadership for colleagues and clients alike as a go-to person for best practices and new developments in the field of UX and product design.
- Months-long projects do not scare you, and you find no job too small for a rounded and grounded UX strategy