Senior Product Designer
At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
As a Sr. Product Designer at Bluebeam, you’ll join the Product Design & Research team to support Revu, our flagship product with more than 1.6 million users worldwide. You’ll help to define the overall user experience end-to-end including the micro interactions that bring the product to life. You’ll tackle complex, multifaceted customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for our customers around the globe.
As an experienced Product Design & Research professional, what excites you is solving for our Customer needs and finding solutions to their day-to-day problems. You are steeped in this sort of experience and as a result are able come to this role armed with best-practice techniques and approaches and you know instinctually what the best design tools for the job are going to be.
This role will collaborate closely with, and be supported by, other Product Designers who are also working on the wider Revu portfolio and it will partner with peers in Product Management and Engineering to deliver the actual experiences to our end customers.
*This role is a full-time, onsite position. Due to COVID-19, all new employees will be required to start work remotely until we are able to return to the office. More information will be provided in the interview process.*
What you’ll do:
- Create detailed UI designs for product features including low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product Management in an Agile/Lean and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Undertake user research, data analysis and user testing with our customers translating insights and findings into tangible solutions for our product.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts with customers in order to verify assumptions and hypotheses and ensure that customers will be able to realize value from a given experience you are designing.
- Directly contribute to ongoing research process improvements, including establishing best practices and setting standards for the approach and rigor we apply to our research methods.
- Tell the story of the customer, their jobs-to-be-done and create consensus around user outcomes.
- Act as a champion for good user experience, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- Advocate and help to further embed best practice Design methods both within the wider Product and Engineering teams as well as across the company.
- Play a key role in further developing tools and resources that will help build Design capability across the organization as well as educating and empowering teams to adopt new processes, methods and mindsets.
What we’d like to see in you:
- 5 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for a range of responsive desktop and native mobile apps and a diverse portfolio showing your processes, deliverables and the outcomes that they drove.
- Demonstrated experience designing for complex user interfaces and workflows and in developing responsive design patterns and design systems that employ best practice UX.
- Experience creating prototypes of different levels of fidelity using tools like Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision, Figma etc.
- An appreciation of user psychology and an understanding of how language and design resonate with users.
- A proven approach as well as deep experience and expertise in creating personas, mapping user needs, experiences and customer journeys.
- The ability to confidently present and articulate design decisions with ease, participate in peer design critiques, and incorporate feedback.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience mentoring, coaching and guiding other less tenured Designers in best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with/or exposure to Service Design methodologies and approaches (i.e. creation of service blueprints) as well as significant experience designing for a holistic end-to-end experience with multiple touchpoints.
What we’d LOVE to see in you:
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design.
- Experience working in a design agency.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful impact in a dynamic, growing industry ripe for innovation.
- A fun, collaborative work environment with an opportunity to help shape Bluebeam’s approach to Product Design.
- Plenty of opportunity to try, learn, and try again. We work in a user-centric and iterative fashion. You will have ample opportunity to make a direct impact on our products and customer experiences.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter (Cover letter should address why you’re interested in Bluebeam and, specifically, the Sr. Product Designer role as described.)
- A link to your portfolio or examples of your work
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.