Senior UX/UI Designer
ARRIVAL is a technology company making vehicles the way they should be - fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. By creating innovation in vehicle design and manufacturing, Arrival is accelerating autonomous and electric vehicle technology, by fusing AI with new forms of automotive engineering. We are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Our vehicles will be 100% built by robots and are autonomous-ready.
We have trials with the Royal Mail, UPS, DHL and many others. We supply the components to the first fully electric and driverless race-car and racing series, Roborace, and we supply components to Charge Cars and their brand-new electric Mustangs. Plus, we are recognised by LinkedIn as one of their Top Startups 2019: The 25 hottest UK companies to work for right now, as well as being the world’s newest Unicorn with a €3 billion valuation.
What you’ll do:
● You’ll design customer journey maps, user stories and usage scenarios of products and services to discover and define user tasks, pain points and opportunities.
● You’ll work collaboratively to develop scalable design systems that meet product and business goals. ● You’ll collaborate with the team to understand challenges, identify opportunities and measure impact. ● You’ll use your creative skills to create sketches, visual references, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs to guide development of product experiences.
● You’ll help define and deliver content that’s enjoyable and beautiful to our audience, with a high level of craft and attention to detail.
● You’ll help prepare, structure and run user testing sessions in order to help identify usability problems so we can improve all aspects of the experience.
● You’ll work closely with the Head of Design and Product Manager to align on goals, priorities, direction and feedback.
● You’ll document pattern libraries and style guides, updating as we evolve.
What you’ll need:
● Appreciation for the user: Deeply understanding and designing for the needs of the audience.
● Communication: Present and articulate concepts in a clear and focused way that drives productive discussion, and moves work forward. Must also be fluent in English.
● Knowledge: Expertise in design principles and strong understanding of UX design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography.
● Technology: Experience in designing UX and UI for both desktop and mobile.
● Experience: Outstanding portfolio of work that shows strong user-centered and visual design capabilities across a range of different projects.
● Theory: An understanding of visual design theory (e.g., typography, color theory, composition, iconography, etc.) and analog visual communication skills (e.g., sketching).
● Software: Advanced prototyping skills and experience using Adobe software, Sketch and Figma etc.
● Design Process: Good understanding of information architecture, workflows, concept development and interaction design.
● Experimentation: Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions.
We’d love it if you have:
A hunger to learn.
A huge desire to achieve.
The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
A career with Arrival will expose you to the bare bones of a highly ambitious and entrepreneurial technology company, so if you’re interested in creating the future, not just talking about it, we’d love to hear from you.