Vision Critical is a continuous customer insights solution provider that enables organizations to drive better business outcomes while ensuring world-class customer journeys. By combining deep insight with broad feedback, Vision Critical empowers some of the most powerful brands in the world to improve customer experience. Over 750 leading brands including BuzzFeed, LinkedIn, and GoDaddy are building better products and fostering customer loyalty with Vision Critical. To learn more about Vision Critical, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, or visit us at www.visioncritical.com
Equally important to the success of our business are our people. We couldn’t do what we do without our awesome VC’ers and look forward to welcoming a new VC’er, you to our VC family. Come be great with us, #TheVCWay.
User Experience Designer
At Vision Critical, we are committed to delivering exceptional user experience for both the users of our products and to the people they engage with in their communities. We are looking for a user experience specialist that is inquisitive, passionate, and excited by challenging interaction design problems. We offer the opportunity to work in a cutting-edge agile environment with a solid team of designers, product owners, and developers as we revolutionize and re-imagine our SaaS products.
You will lead user experience design on a variety of projects, focusing on building awesome responsive web experiences for our users. You should be an advocate for our users in strategic and tactical discussions, incorporating business requirements and technical constraints into an optimal user experience. You will collaborate with a team of UX specialists on providing a unified, cohesive user experience across our suite of community insight tools.
- Experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs.
- Fluency in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience developing UX across different types of devices and screen sizes.
- Create concepts, wireframes, and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, Invision, Flinto, Figma.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the product vision to ensure alignment of the user experience amongst internal stakeholders
- Initiate and facilitate collaborative discussions that help drive strategic discussions and decisions that advocate for our users
- Have a proven ability to deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts, to arrive at an amazing customer experience.
- 2 years (minimum) of experience designing interactive products as an interaction designer, UX designer, or a similar role.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates your approach to solving user experience design problems.
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Invision, Adobe XD or similar tools for creating prototypes and other user experience design documentation.
- Ability to focus on both the larger, long-term vision balanced with the ability to execute on near term projects with attention to detail.
- Experience with responsive web design and understanding of mobile first.
- Experience creating design pattern libraries and an understanding of atomic design.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS to aid in prototyping interactions and responsive strategies
- Self-motivated, eager to take ownership and initiative, with the ability to prioritize effort and deliver excellent user experience concepts appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Digitally focused graphic design skills and animation interactions
- A passion for data and experience with data visualization
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
Ready to join our team?
If you are customer and people centric and are interested in helping Vision Critical deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We know there are many options in the marketplace and want to sincerely thank you for your interest, and taking the time to apply to Vision Critical.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.