UX Manager – Dublin, Ireland
While widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the P&C Insurance industry, Guidewire understands it will only maintain market leadership if we continuously craft and deliver excellent products and services for our customers.
Because we believe outstanding design throughout our portfolio is critical to future success and differentiation, we are looking for a Manager of User Experience in our Dublin location!
Reporting directly to the Global Head of UX and Design you will lead and manage a skilled team of designers responsible for crafting experiences that engage and empower users across the Property and Casualty Insurance lifecycle. You will head design and customer research activities for those crucial product lines as well as working closely with Guidewire product managers, domain specialists, and engineers.
You will be passionate about design, be self-directed in light of ambiguity, and capable of leading and empowering teams to conceive, design, and deliver enterprise-grade design solutions for sometimes sophisticated business challenges.
The right person will have an extensive online professional portfolio including Web sites, browser-based applications, and UX samples. If you think you are a fit, submit your resume and portfolio link today and knock our socks off.
- Build outstanding user experiences for next-generation Guidewire products & solutions
- Help foster a UX mentality and design-oriented culture
- Own the user experience and research for our “Digital” product suite, and our localized content portfolio.
- Champion design thinking and foster a culture of design innovation, as well as raise awareness and promote the business value of great design.
- Empower the team to build user-centered products and solutions that meet core business goals and are feasible.
- Promote cooperation between Product, UX, and Engineering teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
- Hire, lead, mentor, and develop skilful designers and researchers within your team.
- Participate in Dublin senior leadership to drive the overall direction for Dublin as a strategic location, and the UX global leadership team to forge the future of UX.
What you need to be successful:
- Proving past experience as a manager of a medium-size UX design/research or multi-disciplinary creative teams is required.
- Experience building rapport, establishing mutual respect and enabling close collaboration with Product Management and Development teams.
- Proven expertise to craft enterprise software applications, products, and tools with multiple user touchpoints on different platforms and devices.
- Familiar with all technical aspects of UX across the web, desktop, and mobile platforms.
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the aptitude to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, shareholders, and senior leaders
- Ability to efficiently lead design activities across multiple, concurrently running programs.
- Ability to balance a keen desire for innovation and driving high standards to fulfill business needs and customer expectations.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
We celebrate what makes us different while sharing the belief in our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. We strive to build an environment where every voice counts and everyone can make an impact, both on our company and the industry we serve.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.