At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
Midwinter is looking for a full-time UI Artist/Animator to join our talented development team, currently operating remotely throughout the West Coast. We are a small team of artists, designers and engineers working on something incredible, using the Unreal Engine.
Are you passionate about UI design, with a great looking portfolio? Are you experienced in Unreal Engine? We'd love to talk to you!
as a UI Artist/Animator, will be to produce both static and animated UI graphics for our first game, Scavengers. You will work in a variety of styles and tools, from creating graphic icons in Adobe Illustrator to rendered FUI in After Effects. You will develop great looking UI widgets optimized for a PC/console action game using UMG Designer and Blueprint in Unreal Engine 4. You will work with an experienced team with a lot of drive and energy.
Areas for Impact
- Create static and animated UI graphics for key game features and systems.
- Develop and optimize UI content in Unreal Engine.
- Work closely with other developers to create and continually improve UI and Graphic Design across the game and studio.
- Design branding elements and style guide documentation for various projects at a studio level.
- Generate high quality assets for use in Marketing, Promotional and Social Media.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Previous game industry experience.
- Recent Unreal Engine 4 experience.
- Attention to detail, artistic skill and motion graphics experience, as demonstrated in a visual design portfolio.
- Communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.