Junior UX Designer
WorkWave, a rapidly growing leader in cloud based workforce software for the field service and transportation industries, is looking for a Junior User Experience Designer to help transform the way our products look and feel and provide excellent experiences for our users. This is an important position on a great team in a rapidly growing company, so there are ample opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with cross-functional product development teams to create best-in-class web-based solutions for our customers in field service businesses.
- Collaborate with other members of the UX team on company-wide design and education initiatives, and actively critique and iterate to discover the best solutions.
- Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes.
- Help develop and maintain a design system (style guides, design patterns, etc.).
- Work closely with Product Design Manager, Product Owner, QA and engineers to define use cases, gather requirements, plan user stories, implement designs, iterate, and track changes.
- Participate in user research: customer visits, interviews, focus groups, and feedback sessions.
- Effectively communicate and discuss designs with stakeholders.
- Actively research and stay abreast of UX topics and relevant technology trends.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years of experience designing business-oriented web and mobile applications, leveraging emerging technologies. SaaS or service design experience is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- A portfolio illustrating your UX work, including wireframes, UI design, flows, and related deliverables.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to successfully develop and deliver products for the market (Agile development is a plus).
- Ability to coordinate and track user stories, use cases, and design deliverables (Jira experience is a plus).
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of front-end technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of human factors and usability best practices. Knowledge of ADA/WCAG compliance is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of industry-standard design, collaboration and prototyping tools, such as Sketch/Figma, Zeplin, Invision/Maze and basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A passion for solving problems and making complex systems of interaction fluid and easy to use.
- Strong curiosity and drive to understand how things work, envision how they might work better, and translate that vision into a compelling user experience.
A FEW WORDS FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
"We are looking for a designer with a user-centered approach who has the ability to gather design requirements and user feedback, identify workflow and design challenges, devise and design solutions, and work closely with engineers and QA. While you will have the opportunity to participate in all disciplines under the umbrella of “UX Design”, please note that this position is UI design-heavy and requires polished visual design skills. You’ll be working on a newer product that has a lot of promise and touches a lot of industries and different types of technologies -- so you’ll never be bored or stagnant. There is unlimited opportunity to learn and grow while being surrounded by very fun, smart and supportive teammates. We are remote for now, but you will eventually be expected to be in the Bell Works office at least part time.”
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US:
• We are laid back but buttoned up. We have a casual work environment with a passion for developing creative, innovative best in class solutions that directly contribute to the success of our customers
• We give a damn and deliver service and solutions that make a real difference in the lives of our clients and their businesses
• We embrace quirkiness by openly accepting others as they are and building strong partnerships based on trust
• Teamwork and collaboration is key to help our colleagues and customers solve their challenges
• Our team is energetic, fun, naturally inquisitive and eager to make an impact, we invite you to join us!
CUT THE COMMUTE!
• This position is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
• With everything you could find in a great downtown -- from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
• We work hard but play hard too...need a break? Kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
RELAX, WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Financial wellness and employee discount programs
• Health and wellness focused work environment - 24/7 access to Teladoc services, optional standing desks and office fitness challenge
• Stay hydrated and recharge with unlimited water, coffee and tea
• 401K-9 Doggie Daycare Discount Program
• Charitable donation match program
• Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
GROW WITH US:
• We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
• Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM!
• 8 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz!
• WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.