Spotify is looking for a full-time UX Writer to help build tools especially for artists, managers, label teams, and more. This is a great opportunity for someone who has at least some experience in UX writing, content strategy, and human-computer interaction and is comfortable working on consumer- and enterprise-facing products, in an agile environment at scale.
In this role, you’ll help build and evolve Spotify for Artists, a powerful set of tools designed to help artists and their teams grow their audience and their careers. With Spotify for Artists, teams can see their streaming and listener data and get meaningful insights. They can also pitch songs, update their profile, connect with fans, and promote new releases. As part of our S4X Design team, you’ll work closely with partners across Tech, Product, Marketing, and more to create and maintain a holistic and customer-centric experience—and infuse it with the look, feel, and sound of Spotify. As UX writers, we strive to choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across, and we love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing. We also work at a fast past and are comfortable with frequent change and context-switching.
What you’ll do
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, emails, notifications, and product tours.
- Develop product names and narratives for early stage products.
- Champion a cohesive brand story across our entire ecosystem of product offerings.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Act as a subject matter specialist; present and rationalize your work to partners.
- Use data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Look at messaging through a global lens to deliver experiences for different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Help define a clear and repeatable process for how others can work with UX writing.
Who you are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Some experience writing or editing content for web and mobile experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Please provide a portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created, such as interaction flows, emails, product tours, educational materials, and style guides.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.