Senior UX Designer
Full-time (40h a week)
Location: Oslo, Norway (relocation required - we provide assistance)
$35 - $70 an hour
Duration: 12+ months (permanent employment / long-term contract)
Start: beginning of Jan 2019 (negotiable)
3-4 people with this profile are needed
travel costs are covered by the company
Yet another time we search for extraordinary specialists to join our nerdy crew! :)
Pionér Labs is a rapidly growing Norwegian company that architects, designs and develops state of the art digital products. The company HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but the team is distributed with specialists also located in Sweden, Poland, and Canada.
We have been contracted by one of the leading retail companies in Europe to execute an ambitious product development strategy that requires very high-skilled competence, and a greenfield stack of modern technologies and methodologies.
Do you want to have an impact on the future of fashion, ecommerce and retail? We’re looking for several driven and curious UX designers to work on high end services and products with us.
You’ll be working closely with business people (including ex-McKinsey partner with 20 years of business experience; Harvard graduate), IT specialists (SE architects, DevOps, UI/UX people), marketing/sales department, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence professionals, QA, logistics department and product manager to design new IT products in fashion, retail/e-commerce sectors related to a digital transformation that is happening in the organization.
One of the most important products that will need to be build is a new ecommerce platform (think: Zalando competitor) as well as information/data exchange platform for physical stores and IT tools for supply chain optimisation.
The role is a fast-paced environment that involves above-average degree of conceptual thinking, swiftness, communication & people skills and ecommerce/retail understanding. Ideal candidate can present a work history for well-known brands, some startup world experience (we’re lean and move quickly), min 1 year of similar commercial experience on a similar position.
A rare, exciting opportunity to hone industry-related, practical business know-how, system design skills and work/network with top-notch world-class professionals (we already relocated people from the US and Canada for this project; people with Harvard and Google on their CVs).
You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped your first projects and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Be responsible for the UX part in a cross functional team involving product, tech and data.
- Contribute and develop part of the design language in a bigger suite of digital products.
- Lead and include the team in user research, inclusion and testing.
- Design, create and facilitate for the full team to come up with the best solutions in your weekly cycles.
- Voice your users needs and unite the team on what problems to solve first..
- Be an active force in making sure your whole team enjoys going to work every single day.
As a designer / requirements:
- You have built digital products from scratch.
- You enjoy working with and designing data dense systems
- You’re passionate about designing tools to improve people’s lives.
- You have professional experience on commercial projects (minimum 1 year)
- You would love to relocate to Oslo
- You are curious about people, problems and figuring out clever solutions in new ways.
-? Fluent English communication skills
As a company:
- Pioner help other companies reinvent their business models and transform their operations using the newest technologies and methodology.
- We’re all about our people.
- We believe transparency and openness is core to establish an environment for new ideas.
- We feel passionate about what we do and we’re wide open for intense passion projects.
- We get freshly ground coffee beans delivered to the office weekly. We have great coffee.
- We have designed an office space to create an optimal place for our teams to flourish.
- Graduated from one of the following design/art universities: Hyper Island (https://www.hyperisland.com/), AHO (https://aho.no/en), konstfack (https://www.konstfack.se/en/)
- diploma from a design/art university
- business understanding
- working in a project in a fashion sector before
- passion and continuous drive to learn new things
- experience working in a startup environment