Product Design Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We're looking for a Manager of our Product Design team in Nantes or Bonn. This is a new position created to support the growth of Talend and the Product Design team in particular.
Talend forges the tools necessary for data professionals to transform and move data from one place to another, while democratizing data access across the enterprise.
As Manager of our Product Design team, you will be responsible for leading and building the whole Product Design team. You will be responsible for partnering with other leaders within the organization to articulate the product vision, lead and inspire the product designers to create simple and innovative solutions, and ultimately deliver a unified, beautiful, enjoyable, and functional product. You will report directly to the Director of User Experience.
In this position, you will:
- Join your Product Managers, Engineering peers in strategic planning
- Put the user at the heart of the design process, grounding the product design decisions in user research findings in collaboration with the UX Research team
- Inspire a high level of execution throughout the Product Design team, in close collaboration with the Design System team
- Support the growth of the Product Designers in your team, by mentoring, giving and soliciting constant feedback
- Advocate for User Experience across the organization
What we are looking for in our new Product Design Manager:
- A passion for great design and great UX
- A strategist who understands the business side of product design
- An empathetic team leader who cares and helps their team grow through constructive feedback
- A track record of building strong, collaborative and successful design teams in the software industry
- An excellent communicator, including in written and spoken English
- Fluency in French would be a plus
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 3rd Time in a Row Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant
- "Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.