Senior Product Designer
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is seeking a talented, passionate Senior Product Designer to lead design for the Capture Services Platform – our managed marketplace that connects customers and Capture Technicians on demand, across the globe. This person will partner with our Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams to help drive compelling user experiences for one of Matterport’s most important new initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a passion for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to focus on big experience initiatives at the same time as crucial details. They are comfortable presenting and articulating design reasoning with stakeholders and working through implementation details with product and engineering teams.
- Lead Capture Services design initiatives to define, assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features.
- Drive exploration of experiences to help Matterport customers and Capture Technicians get the maximum value out of the Capture Services Program.
- Responsibly and effectively advocate for customers and Capture Technicians and impart day-to-day strategic design leadership.
- Ensure that all design activities are executed at high quality levels, manage team initiatives, set priorities, and manage scoping.
- Review with and gather feedback on work from business, product management, development and peer design teams as well as executive leadership.
- Drive UX Research activities to understand current and future needs of our users.
- 5+ years of experience in product design with a strong portfolio
- Experience designing for 2 sided-marketplaces
- Experience designing for global experiences including Asia-Pacific
- Experience participating in UX Research activities
- Experience in iterative software design and delivery methodologies
- Experience with Prototyping tools – Figma, Adobe XP, Framer (or similar)
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Highly organized in dealing with multiple tasks with fanatical attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to think steps ahead
- Team player with the ability to solicit constructive feedback and criticism for design
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.