Visual UI Designer
We are looking for an experienced visual UI designer to join our UX team in Helsinki.
At RELEX, we want to set the bar high for the user experience of B2B software. We want to make sure that the products we build adapt to the user’s changing needs and help our users make smart decisions for their business.
Our retail planning products have many visual elements, such as tools for planning shifts and designing grocery store floor plans and shelf layouts. As a visual UI designer, you will be a key player in making sure we build visually compelling and easy to understand user interfaces for these products.
As our team grows you will also have an opportunity to create new processes and practices for our team as well as for the RELEX design system to make sure our products are visually high-quality and consistent.
What you’ll be doing
- Translate customer needs and business requirements into visual concepts and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with other designers and developers from early feature definition and research phase to final touch-ups to create outstanding experiences for all RELEX users
- Level-up the RELEX design system by defining and codifying the standards for visual design in RELEX products
- Review implementations to make sure designs are executed in high-quality down to the smallest detail
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure a consistent and cohesive brand expression
What you’ll bring to the table
- 3+ years of experience working as a UI designer
- Advanced understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, color, balance, and proportion
- Curiosity about emerging design trends and ability to separate great ideas from fads
- Experience defining and evolving design systems and working directly with engineers through implementation
- Comfortable with presenting designs and articulating design decisions
- Proactivity & ability to self-govern your work
- Great social skills and teamwork mentality
- Basic level understanding of CSS & HTML
What we offer you in return
- Opportunity to build UX practices and processes for a fast-growing technology company
- A chance to have a meaningful impact from your work, in reducing food waste and improving supply chain effectivity on a large scale
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A flexible work environment where teams choose their own tools
- Occupational healthcare provided by Heltti and an extensive IF Health Insurance
- A gym at the office and a lot of other sports activities: yoga, HIIT, floorball, badminton...
- Mobile phone and home internet benefit
- Support for the families: a sick childcare service, a paid day off when your child starts school for the first time, flexible work arrangements
We are a team of six designers with diverse backgrounds from startups, agencies, and big product companies. We value all aspects of design from research to visual design and try to collaborate closely to best complement each other’s skillsets.
We have weekly design sessions to show our work and to get feedback from our peers to ensure we learn something new with every project. We strive for excellence and make sure everyone has ownership and freedom in their work. Most importantly, we have a great atmosphere in the team and try to make everyone feel welcome and appreciated!
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio or work samples through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than the 14th of September. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Coordinator Karoliina Kujala is happy to answer them by email (email@example.com).
RELEX Solutions is a leading provider of cutting-edge retail optimization software. We offer our customers radically improved demand forecasting and supply chain optimization, which then can be leveraged into exponential benefits — optimizing store space, allocation, workforce, pricing and promotion strategies, all within our unified platform.
RELEX is trusted by leading brands including S Group, Suomalainen Kirjakauppa, Yliopiston Apteekki, Morrisons, and Rossmann, and has offices across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.