Kajabi empowers entrepreneurs, experts and influencers who are serious about their business to achieve success online. With its robust set of continuously expanding tools and features, Kajabi’s all-in-one platform leads the industry. Kajabi has helped users in 120 countries serve 41 million students to make over 1 billion dollars in sales. Kajabi brings the heart to the tech and encourages online business owners to make a difference. Based in Irvine, California, Kajabi was founded by Kenny Rueter in 2010. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
At Kajabi we believe that how we speak to our customers is critically important to the experience they have when interacting with our application. The product that we are building makes a huge impact on our user's life so we work hard to deliver a clear and consistent message in all of our content.
At Kajabi the UX Writer is the lead driver in the process of defining and implementing all of the text and content that the user interacts with while navigating our application.
The UX Writer is skilled at all forms of writing but always deeply focused on the needs of the customer and how to craft copy that will enhance their experience and make complex application concepts clear and user-friendly. By partnering with other cross-functional team members, and users, the UX Writer turns qualitative and quantitative data insights into clear and concise language designed to simplify the user's journey inside our application.
The Impact you will make
- Bring a high level of attention to detail to all copy in the application no matter how small.
- Contribute to the ongoing growth and clarity of our voice and tone standards.
- Set the vision for our application content and advocate for a clear and concise product narrative.
- Contribute to the creation of clear and detailed documentation and guides.
- Participate in user research to deepen customer empathy.
- Conduct regular copy health checks to ensure that existing contributing to customer success.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines ensuring that each product team is able to deliver to the customer based on their roadmaps.
- Partner with our marketing teams to ensure message consistency between Product and Marketing copy.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging writing trends.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in creating and maintaining copy for an application at scale.
- Formal educational training in Communication, Journalism, technical writing, creative writing, public relations, or any other applicable field of study.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability to improve an application's experience with copy.
- A proven track record of strong collaboration skills with various other functions.
- An understanding of accessibility and localization to ensure that the experience is consistent across different audiences.
Bonus if you have
- Experience working in a SAAS environment.
- Experience working with entrepreneurs and an empathy for the grit and determination it requires to start a small business.
Attributes for Success
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Passion for Kajabi’s mission
- Critical Thinking – strategic and highly analytical
- Goal-oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Fully paid health insurance and dental insurance for self and family.
- Fitness Incentives Package
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Company Funded Headspace Account
- Company Funded Audible Account
- Funded HSA account
- Duck Dining (office food, beverages, and the ability to request items) - Priceless
- Casual Dress
Educational opportunities will be offered for the UX Writer at the discretion of the CEO/President, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education, and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and your desired career goals.
Each UX Writer will meet weekly their manager to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.