AXIS Labs is looking for a versatile and experienced Product Designer professional to advocate for what users want, need, and expect from the products we create.
We are a Canadian hardware company creating the next wave of smart window shade IoT products based on smart and simple designs. We’re about inventing new ‘Things’ and re-writing the rules in Hardware. Our flagship product, the AXIS Gear was launched as a smart device that motorizes and automates existing window coverings in minutes and is controllable via a smartphone. Awarded as the 2017 Motorized Product of the Year by the Consumer Technology Association, Gear is compatible with roller shades, vertical blinds, and much more – regardless of size or weight.
Visit us at: www.helloaxis.com
Employment Term: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediately
- Work closely with the product team to create new concepts and experiences for upcoming AXIS product lines in the smart home space
- Take ownership of the design of our cloud-based iOS, Android, and web applications
- Independently design and develop user personas, wireframes, mockups, user flows, storyboards, UI prototypes, components, layouts, specifications, etc.
- Create and maintain a component library for front-end developers
- Introduce workflows and processes deemed beneficial to the growth of the company
- Design, lead and conduct continuous user tests and market research
- Collect on-going user feedback, synthesize data collected and construct insights that will drive iterative design decisions
- Develop the company’s brand and ensure its consistency across all mediums
- Design and create graphical/illustrative assets to be used on the company’s website, packaging, and all marketing materials
- Continuously organize and document work which can be referenced by others in the team
- Bachelor’s degree in UX Design or Product Design
- 3+ years experience as a Product Designer, UX/UI Designer or equivalent
- Experience in designing mobile and web-based applications in relation to hardware products
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through beautiful and intuitive designs
- Be able to envision and operate from the big picture right down to the pixel
- Experience with UX software tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, Zeplin, etc.
- Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects
- Working knowledge of UCD principles and visual design standards and best practices
- A portfolio of design work with case studies demonstrating your thought process. An application without a portfolio will not be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to dictate design decisions with clear rationales to peers and stakeholders
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work independently and with little to no supervision
- Positive and proactive attitude, with a growth mindset that stems beyond design
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with JIRA, Asana, and/or Aha!
- Familiar with the inner workings and limitations of Bluetooth and other popular communication protocols
- Bonus: Understanding of Swift and Kotlin
- Have an immediate impact – your contributions will literally shape the company’s trajectory
- Receive a great degree of autonomy
- Flexible hours set around core hours
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and growing team in a booming industry
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health and dental insurance
- Joining a startup in a rapid growth stage with plenty of opportunity for professional career growth