Lead UI/UX Designer
Robo Wunderkind robotics kits empower kids aged 5-14 to learn to code through the joy of play. If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. By joining our team, you will be able to impact the lives of tens of thousands of children. Here you can check out what our users create with Robo Wunderkind: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/robomakersmarathon/
We are looking for a UI/UX designer to join our team in Vienna, Austria or work remotely.
- Conceive and create experience-oriented design solutions for our software products
- Develop the UI/UX of the apps:
- create clear wireframes, user flows, site maps, and graphic visualizations to prototype and communicate ideas
- pitch/present concepts, mock-ups and deliverables to the team and be responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices
- deliver pixel perfect designs for the apps
- Conduct user testing and collect feedback
- Create and maintain polished and thoughtful deliverables and documentation
- Collaborate with other teams and advocate for design excellence
- Work in a small, agile and diverse and international team comprising of 8 different nationalities.
- In the first few months you can expect to work on any of these challenges:
- Work on the interface for our community of users
- Develop guided learning through challenges within our in-app experience
- Conduct user research to define the direction for future product development
- You will be part of the Design team and will also work closely with the Engineering team. You will have strong autonomy and level of impact. We have a very flat structure and we will give you space to develop your own ideas and execute them.
People you will work on daily basis with:
- Chief Design Officer, Product Manager
- Head of Engineering, Mobile Application Engineer, Backend Engineer
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Core skills: full-cycle UI/UX Designer + research experience
- Strong visual design skills and an experience of delivering beautiful, high fidelity, production-ready designs. Programs like Sketch, Photoshop, Figma are native to you.
- Experience handing off designs to software developers
- Portfolio showcasing prior experience designing advanced consumer products
- You think about the big picture and dig into the details. You think about the overall product, the brand, and most importantly, the user from ideation to ship.
- Self-starter, mature, able to work autonomously (cross teams collaboration)
- Strong communication and coordination skills, ability to draw information from others and to work in a remote environment
- Flexible/adaptable - no rigid process, ability to think on their feet and adjust their process accordingly
- You are willing to learn about product management and take up some product management responsibilities to tie in with your design work.
- Experience designing products for children is a plus
- Fluent English is a must
We are open to working remotely and our team spreads over 2 continents. Those working in Vienna have flexible work hours and can work from home 2 days per week.
To apply, please send us your CV, portfolio of works and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks from your application date, it means you were not selected for an interview.