Note: Applications without a link to an online portfolio will not be reviewed.
The Inspire User Experience (iUX) team helps build products and services savored by millions of guests daily.
When you first think about an Inspire brand (Arby’s, Jimmy John’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Rusty Taco, SONIC), you might think about getting great food, as fast as you want it, in one of our beautiful 11,000+ locations. Simple, easy, and awesome, right? But behind the scenes is a deeper story: one of high growth, massive online adoption, and large challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
In 2018, we started on a mission to create a single, signature digital strategy for Inspire, and we need more bright minds to help execute our vision. Inspire is on the hunt for a UX Designer I with a passion for e-commerce, a knack for innovation, and someone who is excited to help us write the rest of our story.
ABOUT THE WORK
We are original disruptors in the quick service restaurant (QSR) space. Our culture is an empowering environment for designers who want to dig into large product design challenges. UX Designers work with feedback from our 100+ million customers to deliver on guest needs and land our mission of transforming the online and offline restaurant experience. Designers don’t just create interfaces, they help build and ship sophisticated products that empower millions of our guests.
Our design team structure is a blended model. All UX at Inspire belongs to a centralized UX team that delivers a consistent digital strategy to all of our brands. Designers belong to functional pod teams of product management, development, and research, working as one to ship entire lines of business.
UX Designers at Inspire:
- Define opportunities by embedding with Product, Engineering, Analytics, Brand, et al.
- Translate quantitative and qualitative insights into testing hypotheses.
- Sketch, wireframe, and prototype product experiments.
- Collaborate with engineers to investigate concept feasibility.
- Coordinate UX research and test solutions directly with Inspire guests.
- Design high-fidelity, content-first solutions with UI, visual, and interaction excellence.
- Iterate with developers during the build phase to realize and ship new product.
- Advocate for and initiate product iteration to improve shipped work.
- Evaluate new insights and iterate again, quickly.
Culture is paramount to our digital team. We like big thinkers with small egos. We value individual creativity, and we invest in individual growth. We work through issues as a team to design at the portfolio level, and we embrace testing-and-learning over ‘shipping perfect.’
UX Designer requirements:
- 1-3 years experience in product thinking, e-commerce, interaction design, visual design, and/or design research.
- Possesses an insatiable hunger for unraveling complexity.
- Loves diagramming, wireframing, and working at the low-fidelity phase; does not rush to pixels.
- Experienced in flow-based prototyping and microinteraction prototyping.
- Develops knowledge of industry, competitive, complementary products.
- Ensures clear, defensible problem statements exist for design solutions.
- Delivers elegant designs to a variety of device experiences.
- Delivers results in an agile, iterative design environment.
- Portfolio demonstrates 1-2 case studies of product and interaction design work.
- Proficient in Figma.
Tagged as: Mid-level