joymo.tv has the ambition of becoming the largest streaming video platform for grassroots sport in the world. We are a diverse and high performing team and we are enthusiastic about making this goal a reality. We are seeking a UI/UX Designer to join the team, bringing their skills and experience to introduce Design choices and direction as they see fit on our unique challenge. As an employee of Joymo you will be an important contributor to our growth and success in delivering this goal.
Role, objective and purpose
We are a young company with big ambitions, and the position as UI/UX designer is newly created, and will be instrumental in providing the design experience for joymo.tv’s products & services. We desire a proactive individual to take ownership of the product design decisions, to create an intuitive and inviting interface for live streaming of sports events, accessible to clubs and organizations at all levels.
These products include a video streaming platform arena.joymo.no which allows clubs, teams and organizations to distribute and promote their video content. Capturing of content is done either through our unmanned/automatic system involving an in-house developed camera that uses a tracking algorithm to follow the action and/or through an app for a mobile device which allows the content creator to record a stream and broadcast to their supporters.
- Work closely with the Head of product, VP of Marketing and the engineering team to define the global brand and products of joymo.tv
- Create intuitive user workflows across a number of different platforms and products.
- Deliver designs that are appealing to a wide user demographic.
- Deliver and champion interaction designs and UI patterns to the rest of the team
- Confidently communicate daily with teammates to understand and deliver on technical requirements
- Use agile methodologies and workflows to iterate on products.
- 3+ years of professional relevant experience
- Strong interaction and visual design skills with the ability to design quality user workflows and graphical user interfaces.
- Ability to demonstrate and present your experience and knowledge of fundamental design principles such as grids, typography, color theory, space and form
- An understanding of web application scalability and experience with displaying large data sets effectively is also a plus.
- Portfolio that can be reviewed on request
We look for people who
- You have experience with working across multiple platforms to create a uniform experience
- You use agile methodologies and workflows to iterate on products
- You have good time-management skills, and work effectively
- You are fluent in English, written and spoken
- You confidently communicate daily with teammates to understand and deliver on technical requirements
- You have experience with collaboration platforms like Slack and Google Hangouts
- You have a positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals and contribute to our culture
- A unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a growing and disrupting technology company with global ambitions
- A unique opportunity to make a huge impact on technical and product decisions
- Puns of extremely high quality
- A workplace in constant development and growth which offer new exciting challenges every week
- A working environment with highly talented and engaged people who care about helping each other out
- A workplace with openness and transparency where you’ll be a vital part of discussions and decisions using tools like Slack
- Office location in the beautiful city of Oslo, Norway @ Oslo Science Park.