Lead UX Designer
OneMain (NYSE: OMF) is the largest non-bank lender in the United States and a leading consumer finance company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases.
OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
One of our critical and highly visible initiatives is building and scaling industry-leading lending digital applications and experiences for our customers.
We are seeking a Lead UX Designer to contribute to the success of our websites and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do As The Lead Designer
- Partner closely with Product Managers, Researchers, Content Strategists, UI Engineers, Marketing, and SEO to take conceptual ideas and turn them into functional and discoverable product features.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas to push the evolution of our product, including online and offline cross-channel experiences
- Be our customer advocate -- talk to them, analyze their behavior, step into their shoes, and help us define and evolve our customer personas
- Lead and design elegant, simple, human-centric flows and experiences as we define new initiatives and iterate on existing features
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers, product management, and engineering during weekly reviews and standups
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions and participate in ad-hoc whiteboarding sessions.
- Use, maintain, and expand a design system that delivers a coherent and intuitive experience across our digital touchpoints
Skills And Experience You’ll Need
- Minimum of 8 years designing mobile-first and responsive web pages
- Knowledge of UX best practices and trends
- Experience using Sketch
- Experience creating functional prototypes
- Experience conducting user research – generative and validation
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy and typography
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Bonus points if you have
- A passion for building web and mobile app products
- Experience working in an agile environment for a growing company
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time