ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 45 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
Our quadrupedal robot ANYmal is designed for inspection in challenging industrial environments such as industrial sites, power plants, and subterranean systems. ANYmal is equipped with powerful actuators, custom electronics, and state-of-the-art perception sensors (LIDAR, stereo cameras, GPS) to navigate through complex environments. We develop a full-stack robotics software framework with core locomotion and navigation algorithms, mapping and localization pipelines, mission setup and user interface tools.
We are looking for a UX designer to join our fast-paced product development team. You will be responsible for exploring, strategizing and unifying the user experience of the ANYmal robot enabled by software. You will own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore user problems, experience mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews. You will partner and collaborate with various departments to help our team develop empathy for our users and advocate for their needs.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Initiate and conduct user research projects to guide exploration, design, development, and measurement of user experiences.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, industrial designers and product leads to help identify key priorities and opportunities based on qualitative and quantitative user insights.
- Apply user-centered design methodologies to ensure requirements, features and designs are grounded in proven customer needs.
- Translate and prioritize discovered needs into user stories and user flows.
- Create wireframes and build prototypes to illustrate concepts and work closely with engineers to build out experiences.
- Plan and execute user interviews and usability tests to rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Make visual design decisions to evolve wireframes into finished products.
- Become a key user advocate and help teams improve user-centered design approaches in every corner of the business.
- Completed your academic studies, preferably in the subject of human–computer interaction, or hold similar qualifications.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing products and conducting user research and be able to show how your work has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product decisions and roadmaps.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in user experience design and leading user research.
- A demonstrated ability to break down complex problems into strategic, incremental and user-centered solutions.
- You’re in your comfort zone applying user research to evolving interfaces through a fast-paced, iterative design / build / test process.
- Prior experience with complex scientific, engineering or other technical software/hardware is a plus.
- Excited to work with passionate engineers towards creating new generations of remote controlled robots.
You are an engaged personality, used to work proactively and with precision – on your own and in a team – and you are passionate about your work. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously. Your profile is complemented by great communication skills in English.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.