Neighbor is seeking a UI/UX Designer to help build our design program as the second design team member. Come work with a passionate group of makers. We’re a small but ambitious group with big things ahead of us! You will uphold a strong design practice, bring customer feedback into your process, design great experiences, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality.
We’re looking for someone with an incredible eye for detail and an ability to represent the user’s perspective. Beyond design, we also want you to feel a shared ownership and responsibility for the success of our business. Ideally, you have experience designing across desktop and mobile web experiences as well as native mobile apps. You should have a growing body of work that demonstrates clear wins to user and business impact, as well as the particulars in overall experience, modern visual polish, animations, and complex interactions.
Applicants need to be available to work in our Lehi, UT headquarters.
- Push the boundaries of UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas. Be able to explore divergent concepts and create trajectory for the company
- Create, sustain, and uphold consistent design system guidelines across all platforms: iOS, Android, web, and email
- Influence and implement a disciplined design process in a growing engineering org, while still exhibiting the hustle and flexibility needed for Neighbor to grow and succeed
- Execute design work with a high level of polish. Understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issues to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges
- Build relationships with cross functional team members across departments, and effectively speak to process, design goals, and team vision as a strong representative of the design program
- Background in product design (UX/UI), ideally with a focus on mobile
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- Experience designing across iOS, Android, and mobile web
- Strong growth mindset and passion for data driven impact
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Applied experience with design and prototyping tools (Figma preferred, but not necessary)
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Availability to work full time at our Lehi, Utah location
- Stock options
- Great medical and dental insurance options
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan