Senior Product Designer
About the Job:
We’re on a mission to nurture a love of reading and learning in kids everywhere. We are a collaborative and fun group looking for a talented and seasoned Senior Product Designer to join our growing design team. Come work with us at Epic! and design something that will have a momentous positive impact on children for years to come!
- Work closely with the Head of Design (or project lead) and collaborate internally to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across various devices and platforms (iOS, Android, Web, etc)
- Synthesize business, technology, and user needs and envision smart, holistic design solutions
- Guide and advise fellow employees in the creative process to foster stronger working relationships and solutions (junior designer, interns, etc.)
- Clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf to other stakeholders
- Keep informed on latest trends and best-practices in UX/UI design
- Collaborate alongside others on the product team
- 6+ years of visual, UX and UI design experience.
- Experience leading and mentoring other designers
- Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for fun, thoughtful, and strong visual design. Must show the ability to create mobile and web designs, prototyping and the role of research in your design
- An understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across different platforms
- Strong visual design that is skillful and unique
- A team player who understands that giving/getting feedback is crucial in the growth of a designer’s profession
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Expert proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Marvel, After Effects, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and a love of leading
- Knowledge of how to bring together multiple stakeholders to help solve problems for our users
- Impeccable visual design skills and a desire for nothing less than to craft the best possible experience for our users
- A love of telling a story through design
- Excitement at the thought of turning complicated workflows into something fun and elegant
- Ability to juggle multiple, high-priority projects efficiently and deliver them on time
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Passionate about helping to shape the future of an amazing brand that positively impacts the lives of kids and educators everywhere
*Applicants will not be considered without a link to an online portfolio of work.
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation plan
- $80/month transportation reimbursement
- Unlimited access to our product!