Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product team. The position of UX Designer will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.*
*COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
Interfolio is looking for a UX Designer who can design interfaces and workflows for a complex enterprise platform that impacts the lives of millions of people. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Content Strategists, and Developers to design new features, enhance existing ones while establishing and reinforcing consistent UX patterns across the platform. You’ll be involved in every aspect of the product discovery and development process from early concept, user research, wireframing, visual design, to user validation.
- Be a thought partner to Product Management in crafting delightful experiences across Interfolio’s suite of products (the Faculty Information System)
- Gather information from stakeholders and users to identify the problem successfully translate these requirements into designs and prototypes
- Synthesize data and client/user feedback in order to make critical design decisions
- Produce journey maps, wireframes and/or comps; and engage the development team to ensure completion of stories in line with the intended design
- Own user stories through execution, collaborating with engineering on implementation questions to arrive at optimal solutions
- Collaborate with other team members and decision makers
- Produce and contribute reusable, buildable designs that conform and enhance our design language
- 1+ years of work experience in user experience design, UI/UX, interaction design, product design, or visual design
- Desire to design SAAS software products in a B2B setting
- Deep understanding of product design, user experience, information hierarchy, user-flows, composition, layout, color and typography
- Prior experience conducting, documenting and synthesizing user research
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with product to understand define user needs and effectively prioritize those with greatest user impact
- Be willing to help colleagues, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
- Familiarity with the following tools: InVision, Sketch, Pendo or equivalents
- Bachelor's Degree plus completion of a UX bootcamp (like General Assembly, Flatiron School or similar)
- Prior experience delivering software products in a B2B setting
- Higher Education/EdTech domain knowledge
- 3 years of work experience in user experience design, UI/UX, interaction design, product design, or visual design
- Familiarity with accessibility concerns (WCAG AA 2.1)
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Graphic, Web/Multimedia Design, or with comparable degree or work experience
- Scrum/Agile experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.