Blink is a UX research and design firm that works with great companies to create meaningful digital products, brands, and experiences. This opportunity is with the staffing division of Blink, Embedded. This division places talented UXers on long-term contract opportunities with some of Blinks largest client partners.
Blink Embedded is looking for a UX Researcher to work on a key client account. This individual will report to the user experience research manager and employ a wide variety of research methods including lab studies, heuristic evaluations, survey design, focus groups and more. This individual should have an understanding of user interface design principles and proven real world experience conducting research as part of the product development lifecycle.
The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders in research execution.
This role starts mid-September and run through late April, ideally extending through the end of 2021. This position would be remote to start due to COVID-19, but the expectation eventually would be that this person would sit on site. Applicants must be located in the Reston, Virginia area.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through online moderated and unmoderated research, surveys, benchmark studies, web analytics and customer feedback (Qualtrics data)
- Drive execution of the following areas: study design, screener & discussion guide design, recruiting, data processing and analysis, as well as leading presentations
- Take basic UX materials and implement great qualitative methods with unmoderated testing
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Utilizes design thinking methodologies to drive creative, intuitive end-to-end experiences
- Translates research into user
Core Job Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree required - Research, psychology, related
- 3-5 years of research experience, strong qualitative skills and some quantitative skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Able to identify problems quickly and come up with a resolution
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong collaborator, enjoys working with a team
- Familiarity with online UX testing tools (e.g., UserZoom, User Testing, etc.)
- Comfortable with statistical analysis, data interpretation, and storytelling
- Experience working with online survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics)
Preferred Job Qualifications
- MA/MS in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
- Experience collaborating well with product managers, sales, marketing, designers, business analysts, and other business partners
This is a full-time, W-2 opportunity with comprehensive benefits.