Senior UX Writer
User Experience | UX Writing | Content Strategy | Technology | Complexity
Do you believe that content is one of the core components of great UX? That successful UX writing is about more than just well-written button labels? That when it comes to product experience, every word counts? So do we.
We think of UX writers as UX designers whose output is content; they bring more than just language skills to the table. We’re not looking for someone to dot our i’s and cross our t’s. We’re not looking for someone who can write punchy website copy for marketing purposes.
Our product is complex. We need people who can help us craft clear and consistent product copy, help set vision and plans for content development, and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple touch points.
- Use writing & editing skills to craft text that facilitates user navigation, as well as on-boarding, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Work with a global team of designers, PMs, and engineers, striving to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across multiple solutions.
- Help shape content strategy and the related processes.
- Design in-product help and support features, content models, and straightforward navigation design.
- Provide strategic writing direction, tooling recommendations, UX writing guidelines and empowerment.
- Question existing terminology, test for comprehension, and push for plain-spoken alternatives.
- Help audit our product to ensure cohesion & consistency across all platform experiences.
- Understand product, customer, and business needs.
- Demonstrated track record of dedicated UX writing and content design experience for software products (5+ years).
- Native fluency in written and verbal English, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Solid understanding of UX design principles, processes, research, and success evaluation.
- Team player, problem solver, proactive doer and quick to understand complex technical topics.
- Writing with succinctness and simplicity in mind is second nature to you.
- Experience with writing for complex systems is a bonus.
You will love this job, if you
- know that great UX hinges on great content.
- understand that machines need to speak human, because humans will never speak machine.
- excel in explaining complex technical problems on napkins. We have a lot of both.
- are driven by the big impact that little words can have.
- want to help establish a new product content and UX writing team.
- want to work at a global leader with flat hierarchy and open-door policy.
- are you looking for teammates who appreciate open communication and face challenges together.
- want to join a diverse and passionate team of people from all around the world.
All applications must be in English.
Portfolio of commercial work required for application and cover letter preferred.
Please don’t just send disconnected samples of your work – we want to see before and after examples of copy, the process you followed, challenges you’ve faced, your contributions as part of a multidisciplinary team, data-informed decision making, and success metrics.
Join us now!
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is EUR 50,000 gross per year (based on full-time employment). We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Please consider when submitting your CV that due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19, in our Labs in Austria, we are currently limited in extending offers to non-EU citizens. We are keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position, should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Should this affect your application, we are happy to keep it in evidence until further notice.