Senior UX Designer
The Job in Short
Creating beautiful, interactive experiences for Digital Engagement tools in a greenfield product area.
Alongside end-to-end UI/UX Product Design, you’ll be working in a small but growing team of designers, leading ideation, prototyping, user testing and detailed design across the full lifecycle.
Meet the Job
This is an exciting new position and product area for Backbase. Fintech is one of the hottest markets at the moment and there is enormous scope for talented UI/UX designers to greatly improve user experiences for our customers.
This job will be rich in design challenges. We are building a new tool to support the future of digital marketing; ensuring banks can engage with their customers across all channels in a more automated, personalized way. If you love transforming complex concepts, information and data into simple, beautiful UI/UX then this is the perfect role for you.
You’ll be a critical member of the team, working directly with the Product Managers, Research and Developer Leads to design beautiful, elegant experiences; influencing the full product lifecycle from a ‘user’ perspective. Most importantly, you will be the voice of the user at Backbase. You'll need to be passionate about understanding what Marketing teams at banks need, both now and in the future.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 50 UI/UX highly respected Designers and Researchers working across the organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
How about you?
- You have 5+ years’ experience in UI/UX design for web applications;
- You have experience in working with complex info-heavy products and interactions (e.g. forms, data, workflows);
- Your background is in Product Design, either in formal training and/or qualifications;
- Your experience in data visualization is desirable;
- Your experience in marketing campaigns, content management and/or analytics are all highly desirable;
- You have a strong understanding of interactive design fundamentals;
- You have strong, applied knowledge of Design System fundamentals and principles;
- You are proficient in Design tools (e.g. Sketch) and Prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Marvel);
- You have experience working with User Testing and Research;
- You have experience as a designer working in an Agile team environment throughout lifecycle;
- You have good knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- You have strong collaboration and teamwork experience. Experience in leading or coaching other designers is a good plus;
- You are passionate about best-practice design methodologies and technologies;
- You have excellent communication skills in English;
- You have a strong online portfolio demonstrating your work, please include the link in your resume.