Senior UX Research Manager
Senior Manager, UX Research
Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran status, race, religion and sexual orientation. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated and strategic thinker to support our growing Customer Insights & Strategy team as a Senior Manager, UX Research, reporting directly to our Director of Customer Insights & Strategy. You will be the senior lead of our UX research practice and will be building our user experience research function from the ground up. You will be working directly with product managers, UX designers and engineers through all stages of development, to understand how users are engaging with Bombas site and products. By turning knowledge into insight, and insights into actionable directions through a mix of quantitative and qualitative research methods, you will support the development, iteration and optimization of new features.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing the UX research function as a strategic partner to product managers and UX designers, to inform key product decisions that address user needs
- Establishing process for organizing user research and testing across product teams, ensuring appropriate prioritization of projects and managing short- and long-term research plans
- Scoping, designing and conducting user research to understand customer behaviors and uncover opportunities, including usability studies, surveys, and online experiments
- Discovering customer issues to inform digital product development cycle
- Translating research findings into usable and actionable recommendations (e.g. journey mapping, personas, design considerations)
- Synthesizing and presenting user insights using multiple data sources - both quantitative and qualitative - to cross-functional stakeholders in a clear and actionable way that can be used to inform the overall digital roadmap, digital product design, and site optimization
- Collaborating closely with designers, engineers, product managers and other cross-functional teams to design, implement and track the success of new features
- Working closely with other insights and analytics team members to develop broader, strategic recommendations that drive business impact
What we’ll love about you:
- You are a champion of the customer-centric mindset, focusing on the ‘why’ behind customer feedback.
- You effectively influence business decisions and strategic initiatives that drive business decisions.
- You have a deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX product design and development process, and a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methodologies.
- You are a self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, and have the ability to act autonomously.
- You are a team player who is willing and happy to help where it drives the greatest impact for the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and comfortable sharing insights and recommendations to different audiences.
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving back.
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused.
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer-paid health benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and a bi-annual company retreat.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- 6-8 years of user research and testing experience at a startup or similar fast-paced technology company, DTC brand a plus
- Have proven experience in research roles in consumer-focused companies with significant expertise in qualitative methods and specifically identifying customer problems and needs
- Showcase UX prowess, creativity and depth of thought, coupled with fluency in best practices for concept design, strategy development and user testing
- In-depth understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods (i.e. A/B testing, surveying, analytics tools, user testing, card sorting, customer interviews)
- Experience leading research at different parts of the product development process
- Experience developing processes to organize work across multiple people and team
- Experience interpreting research questions, creating research plans, designing studies, distilling information, and reporting in a concise and actionable way
- Empathetic, collaborative and open-minded, and love tackling design problems, combining both intuitive and analytical thinking
- Proficiency with Google suite
- Prior experience with business intelligence tools, like Looker
- Bonus: Degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Requests only related to accommodations will be responded to.