Quantitative User Researcher
Let’s face it, managing personal finances is hard. 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability, 1 in 5 has no retirement savings, the average college student graduates with $37,000 in student loans, and the national credit card debt is over $1 trillion. At Digit, we’re building a smart financial assistant to help make financial health effortless for everyone.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you’re passionate about building something that’s never been built before and helping real people every day we’re excited to meet you.
We are looking for a driven, inquisitive, and creative problem solver to join us as a Quantitative User Researcher. You will manage various user research methods, with a focus on quantitative methods, to improve our understanding of our potential & existing customers. You will work cross-functionally with design, product, and marketing towards the common goal of developing and improving the product experience. This role reports to the Head of Design and is based in San Francisco, CA.
If you're passionate about making a meaningful difference in people's lives in partnership with a small, smart, fun, mission-driven team, we're excited to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Primarily use Quantitative research methods to gain deeper insight into our existing and future customers (survey and questionnaire design, sampling, and statistical analyses of survey or behavioral data)
- Employ Qualitative research methods when needed (interviews, UX/UI testing)
- Lead research projects autonomously and bring clarity to the unknown.
- Build strong relationships with Product, Design, and Marketing teams
- Communicate insights to stakeholders and the company in a persuasive and engaging way
- Assess value and impact of features and products in beta
- Understands survey and questionnaire design, sampling, and statistical analyses of survey or behavioral data
- Manage and systemize pulse checks of existing products on an ongoing basis
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and with SQL.
- Relevant product research experience or experience in an applied research setting.
- Deep empathy for and understanding of users.
- Ability to synthesize disparate pieces of information and identify patterns.
- Strong product sense.
- Passion for the personal finance problem space.
- Exceptional ability to communicate in writing and speech.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 18 weeks parental leave
- Fertility benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SF’s financial district
Who We Are:
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what’s most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for people's near-term goals, helping our members automatically save $3.5 billion. Today, we are harnessing our groundbreaking machine learning and personalization technology to give our members an automated smart financial assistant to manage all of their personal finances.
We’re committed to doing the best work of our lives, together. Come see if we're the right team for you.
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives, just to name a few. We do not discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.