Senior UI/UX Designer
The Application Containerisation market is due to reach $8.5B by 2025 delivering a CAGR of 26.5%. This is being driven by many different organisations that are turning to container based infrastructure and microservices as a way of satisfying the ever complex role of Software Development. Recently, Kubernetes has become the standard in making this possible and is, in fact, the fastest growing project in open-source history, far beyond Docker Swarm and Mesos. Appvia, founded in 2018, is a company of highly skilled engineers, who are building products to enable the deployment, maintaining and scaling of Kubernetes in any environment to solve this challenge.
We're part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and for our customers like the Home Office, we've already got 600+ developers using our service, building over 500+ applications, in over 20,000+ containers, running a number of critical applications for the government both on-premise and via Azure, Amazon and Google. Alongside this you will find the team contributing massively to things like KOPS - https://github.com/kubernetes/kops
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients based on various persona's that buy software based products i.e. Developers, DevOps, Security, C' level.
The Senior UI/UX Designer role will be to create a unified and seamless product experience and identity across our various products and to define and own the journey, working closely with our Product and Engineering teams and you will be involved in everything we create in the open-source and enterprise realm. For more info on our products please check out Kore, Krane, Kore Cost and DevX via GitHub.
- Ownership of the UI/UX journeys on all of Appvia's product range, create a unified product offering.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process and product flows
- Define a consistent visual communication style and build a and maintain our design system
- Design prototyping and testing
- Create original graphic designs, where needed
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Guiding the team on the best practice in the visual communication and user experience
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Please provide a portfolio with relevant work examples
- A solid understanding of SaaS' product requirements and relevant user journeys and possible scenarios.
- Start-up mindset with the ability to work closely with all levels in the business i.e. Product, Engineering, Development, Leadership
- Experience with solving complex information architecture problems
- Competitive salary
- 26 Days Holiday including your birthday, plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance
- Career Development
- Enjoy pingpong, pool or simply a coffee or beer when you are in our Barbican based office
Appvia takes the processing and storage of your data seriously. It will be used by us for the sole purpose of future recruitment. Should you have any questions around this, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org