Cambian is driven by a vision of a healthcare system that engages individuals and their families. With this collaborative approach, individuals achieve better health and better healthcare, care providers benefit from improved productivity and reduced costs, and researchers can access essential data and achieve important discoveries. Everyone benefits when we include individuals and their families as partners in care and research.If you want to solve challenging problems, deliver high-impact solutions to customers, employ leading-edge technologies, work with extraordinary people, and be part of a rapidly growing company, Cambian is for you! We are looking for self-motivated energetic individuals with passion for excellence and creativity to join our team.
The role: UI/UX Designer
As a UI/UX Designer you will work side-by-side with the highly skilled and collaborative technical team, taking responsibility for driving user interface, look-and-feel, communication design, and the personality of our solutions.
In this role you will:
- Understand detailed requirements
- Document UX/UI flows and processes and provide recommendations where appropriate
- Identify potential and existing design problems before developing solutions
- Create wireframes based on data and / or research and requirement specs
- Show the value of UX/UI through measurable metrics (analytics, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Develop low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes for usability testing
- Present your work with confidence and be ready to explain the details
- Support beta and user-test studies
- Participate in the design process for new applications using rapid prototyping techniques
- Work effectively on UI/UX tasks when the stakeholders are at different locations
- Design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively
What you bring to the team
We look for smart, curious, engaged developers who can build great software products. We value teamwork and the willingness to learn from others. Your experience should include:
- Understanding of user-centred design principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Familiar with responsive design and approaches
- Strong proficiency with visual design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Moqups, Proto.io
- Familiar with data tracking tools to inform design decisions
- Knowledge of current technology industry trends
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal) and willingness to learn
- Expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to distill complex problems and workflows down into simple, intuitive designs
- Three or more years working as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and iterative approaches
- Strong understanding of visual design principles, such as typography, colour, layout, composition, etc
- Excellent troubleshooting, planning and time management
- Focused, analytical, results-oriented, and able to complete work in a timely, precise manner
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design process and problem-solving skills of your previous product design work
- A degree or certification in UX, UI, interaction design, graphic design, or a related field
The bottom line is that we are looking for a range of skills. If you do not have the entire list, we will provide training.
What we offer you
We offer a dynamic workplace, competitive compensation, and room for growth in an emergent company. In our environment things move quickly so there is a lot to do and you will have the opportunity to contribute in many ways. We offer a casual work environment with flexible work hours.
Cambian’s main office is in Surrey, BC in the Central City tower next to the SFU campus, Fraser Health, and the heart of Innovation Boulevard. This is a great location with easy access from many parts of the BC Lower Mainland. Our open concept office space has lots of natural light and fosters collaboration and teamwork. We are walking distance to many restaurants and the SkyTrain public transit.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we have closed our office and we continue to encourage team members to work from home. The candidate will require a computer at home and the ability to communicate regularly via web conferencing platforms.About us
Cambian is a leading digital healthcare information services provider. Individuals and their families use Cambian’s platform to capture and use their health and wellness data, and to securely share it with their family and care providers. Cambian’s platform is used by leading institutions in Canada, USA, and Europe and for national initiatives to solve key problems in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic disease.