DojoMojo is a brand network and partnerships marketplace. We empower marketers of all sizes to connect and build sponsored content and giveaway campaigns to grow their audiences at a fraction of the cost of traditional paid channels. Our technology helps marketers save time by facilitating collaboration, removing friction from campaign planning and leveraging data-driven insights to recommend the most powerful partnerships to our customers.
With thousands of brands in the DojoMojo network, we’re trusted by brands like General Assembly, theSkimm, Conde Nast, and Hearst and have helped our customers add close to 200 million new potential readers and customers to their email lists.
DojoMojo is launching a new marketplace in 2019. We’re taking on an entirely new way for advertisers and publishers to work together, and leveraging scores of data points to ensure that every brand is working with partners who will turn their new audience into buyers and readers.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to help shape the DojoMojo platform as it evolves and expands its product offerings. You’ll create delightful, effortless experiences for the brands on the DojoMojo platform, understand our customers’ needs and transform them into intuitive designs. The ideal candidate has a great eye for design and typography, a passion for user-centered design, and a strong desire to solve customer problems by applying design-thinking techniques. A natural storyteller and critical-thinker who has a desire to lead and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams.
Note: Candidates must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position.
- Use design thinking to create and validate designs for new experiences through mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, prototypes and sketches
- Lead design sprints to uncover, evaluate and test new opportunities for product improvement and expansion
- Own the full design process, from early product discovery and ideation to final pixel-tweaking
- Analyze the customer experience using qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand the current product, test new features and help make informed product decisions for the business, with the goal of increasing customer engagement
- Conduct usability testing to challenge and validate design ideas and decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering departments to provide insights into customer behavior and help guide product feature feasibility and roadmapping
- Continually improve the design of existing features
- Lead a culture of design thinking; including educating stakeholders around the importance of design and its impact on business decisions
- Create style guides and requirements/spec documentation with other Designers and Engineers
- Minimum 3+ years experience in product/UX/UI design
- Demonstrated proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, and prototyping tools is required.
- Proven ability to solve software problems and take into account business and end-user goals, to design elegant yet practical solutions at a systems level
- Experience in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling and detailed interaction design
- Experience conducting usability testing and iterating on potential product features
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns, layout, iconography and illustration
- Goal oriented and an ability to lead complex projects
- Excel at collaborating with Product and Engineering departments
- Excellent communication skills
- Curiosity about human behavior and the way people think
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, ambitious, detail-oriented, data-driven and organized mentality
- A strong work ethic, collaborative and flexible mentality with a hunger to learn
- Experience with leading design sprints a plus
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB
The DojoMojo Team is a part of Innovation Department, an incubator building the next generation of startups. We work with smart, interesting people, and directly with entrepreneurs in our portfolio. If you love startups, and are keen to challenge yourself while working alongside amazing colleagues, we want to talk to you!
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents, including commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies and encourage cross-team learning.
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a monthly book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.