Product / UI Designer
Product / UI Designer - Leading Edge Retail Tech Startup!
MishiPay - London, UK
Competitive salary plus bonus and stock options
We bring the best of the online shopping experience into physical stores with our Scan, Pay and Go journey. This gives the best of both worlds to the shops and shoppers.
Our technology allows in-store shoppers to use their phone to scan the barcode of any item in the store, receive enriched product information, pay directly in the app and simply walk out once payment is complete. For RFID enabled retailers, the act of paying automatically deactivates the security on each purchased item. For non-RFID enabled retailers, we use our Staff Dashboard powered by our risk engine for verification, which ensures security against theft.
We work with some of the world’s largest retailers including names like Decathlon, Picwic Toys and Relay.
About this role:
The Product Designer will own the design execution of the product vision for the MishiPay Application with our live deployments across Europe and the US. You will be the voice of design in the company and ensure style/aesthetics are kept to a high standard throughout.
You'll have worked as a Product / UI Designer in a very fast-paced environment, either agency and/or startup, on mobile applications, ideally retail, ecommerce, Fintech and you'll be able to combine great design and business impact.
You'll be able to share a link to your portfolio in your application to show us your range of work and ideas!
- Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Create wireframes, high level and low-level mockups to effectively test and implement design ideas
- Create production ready designs and export correctly on Zeplin for engineers to follow.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Sketch new ideas
- Produce prototypes and test functionality
- Improve the design of existing products
- Gather feedback from product users
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have 4+ years of Product designing and mobile UI experience.
- You have created pixel-perfect screens and you are aware of all the latest mobile technologies for iOS, Android and Web App development.
- Working in a component-based and library-based manner in your design to help create a consistent experience throughout our touch-points.
- Exceptional planning and execution capacity.
- Self-motivated, driven, organised and results-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of presenting technical concepts to commercial teams or in a commercial situation.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is considered a plus, or at least a good level of understanding in product engineering processes.
- Previous experience in eCommerce or retail is also a plus.
You will succeed at Mishipay if:
You love building things: you have a desire to solve retailers and shoppers pain points in innovative mobile-first solutions.
You have designed mobile apps that have scaled to thousands of users.
You are a thought leader with a voice: you speak up and express your views, backing them up with logic and data.
You are highly motivated and passionate about building the future of high-street shopping.
You’ll work with an ambitious and inspirational multi-cultural team, based in our central London and Bangalore offices, who is redefining the retail industry globally. We offer a tight-knit, collaborative and exciting work environment, coupled with the opportunity to see the apps we develop live in action within some of the world’s largest retailers. We move fast and are constantly open to new ideas. We want to see what you can bring to the table. We also offer a competitive remuneration package that includes KPI based bonuses.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that we have a direct hiring policy in place, at this stage, we're not interested in hearing from recruitment agencies. Thanks!