Head of UI/UX Design
At Truligent, we build and operate a portfolio of profitable software businesses. We own eight companies in various stages of the development cycle, and are adding new businesses to our portfolio every quarter.
We are looking for a passionate UX/UI designer to join our team in a leadership position. You will be responsible for creating digital identities for our new companies - from overall style, to design of web and mobile interfaces, to design of promotional pages. An ideal candidate would have a mixture of hand-on practical skills and managerial experience.
Our companies are mainly B2B SaaS, with heavy focus on European and American markets. It’s important for our Head of Design to stay in touch with recent trends, and help us make sure that our products are perceived as innovative, forward-thinking, and pixel-perfect.
We are striving to offer the best working conditions possible. If a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment excites you, Truligent is the right place for you: every day you will experience our culture of innovation, rapid speed of execution, and desire to reach global scale.
As a new team member, you are expected to go above and beyond in understanding our customer to design the best experience for them. You will find yourself surrounded by passionate individuals who deeply care about the future of software, and to truly excel at the job you will need to always stay up to date with recent development in B2B software and Artificial Intelligence.
We are striving to create a feeling of being on a rocket ship every day for the entire team - so that everyone can move fast, explore the unknowns, innovate, and enjoy the journey.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Design Systems: Defining and implementing design systems for each of the early-stage portfolio companies. You will be creating a distinct style for every brand.
- Practical: Hands-on execution and design of core interfaces & promotional pages for our early stage portfolio companies. Owning the entire design process from ideation through to UX, UI to defining design systems and continuous improvement through user testing. Examples of deliverables include development of dashboard interfaces, App Store screenshots, graphics for landing pages, and stylesheet for social media posts .
- Managerial: As each portfolio company matures, you will need to on-board and manage a dedicated design team who will build up on your initial designs. Continue to build a diverse and inclusive world-class product design team, with strong vision on how to scale the team effectively.
- Entrepreneurial: You will need to take full ownership of your work, and ensure that the outcome is world-class, pixel-perfect, and represents our brands well on the international arena.
- Tools: You will have flexibility in selection of your own tools for your work; but as standard we use Figma and Adobe Suite for our design needs.
- 3+ years of experience in digital product design, preferably in software products
- Deep understanding of UX and UI principles
- Confident usage of design software, such as Figma / Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Optional, but a bonus: Experience of owning the design process for the product from Day 0 to MVP, including everything from overall style to actual interface designs
General qualifications and skills
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Must have a 'can do' attitude with a strategic and rigorous mindset
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about providing exceptional product and service experiences to customers
- Ability to communicate and defend design decisions in front of senior stakeholders
- Can map out and understand the user journey along with creation of wireframes
- Proficient with prototype tools and can get into the details of a design
- Able to research and validate designs using a variety of user testing techniques
- Can produce high quality design specifications
- Highly entrepreneurial role - you will have a lot of creative freedom;
- The excitement of playing a key role in the success of a hypergrowth new ventures;
- Career opportunity and responsibility: take on senior position quickly and lead your own team of designers;
- Competitive salary and other benefits - including gym membership, events, and travel;
- Working remotely or working from our Central London office in Mayfair
More about Truligent:
Truligent builds and acquires market-leading, profitable software businesses globally. Our mission is to build, manage and acquire market-leading software companies that develop highly innovative products.
We are focusing on building non-trivial software products and defining the next generation of technology solutions. We are not interested in simple, 'done-before' businesses - instead, we focus on technologies with transformational power - such as Artificial Intelligence, blockchain and new communication channels.
At Truligent we love innovation, scale and fast-growing software businesses. We are passionate about Intelligent Enterprise and we believe in AI, automation and bringing digital transformation to different industries. We always look for new opportunities and are hungry to build and acquire profitable mission-driven businesses. As a team we stay highly-motivated, results-driven, focused and confident to take our companies from zero to one quickly. We value an ability to work independently and efficiently, meet deadlines and deliver excellent results. We give everything to our projects and we look forward to working with like-minded individuals who strive to make a difference.