Are you passionate about designing for technical environments and do you like complex challenges?
At TBA we design, optimize and automate shipping container terminals around the world. Huge robotic cranes and automated vehicles carry the containers from the ship to the yard and vice-versa. It is like playing Tetris on an enormous scale. We are building advanced web-apps for the terminal’s control room and for operators outside on the terminal.
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, informal atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition, we are recruiting a Senior UX Designer who has a passion for user research, user stories, prototyping mock-ups, pixel perfect designing, etc. There are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation, we expect you to develop and grow your career with us!
To be successful in this role we're looking for someone to join our team who can work independently, take smart risks and champion new ideas as well being able to extract project requirements by running brainstorm sessions and workshops with internal/external stakeholder. We are looking for a true Senior UX Designer, you will spend all your time on UX design work, with this as you'd expect, being familiar with best practices of UX for desktop and mobile is a must-have as well as being experienced with Sketch, Invision, and Axure for Lo-Fi and Hi-Fi prototyping.
We want to learn as much about your experience as possible, including why you'd like to join us here at TBA, so by including a cover letter and a link to your portfolio, it will really help support your application!
- Lots of Responsibility
- Helpful and Friendly Team
- Challenging and Advanced Work
What's In It For You?
- A competitive salary
- The chance to work on technically challenging projects in a vibrant and dynamically ambitious team
- The opportunity for long-term growth, impact and learning
Skills and Experience
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in Multimedia design, Industrial Design, Design for Interaction, or comparable
- Demonstrable experience as true Senior UX designer
- Comfortable in translating user requirements into pixel perfect designs
- You are able to run several projects at the same time
- You are a team player who can work through ad-hoc changes
- Interested in the logistics sector
- Experience with agile/ scrum is a plus
- You are fluent in English and preferably Dutch as well
- Designing creative solutions for all of our web apps (mobile & desktop).
- Working closely with UX designers, front-end developers, back-end developers, and product owners of the various scrum teams in Delft, UK, Germany and Romania.
- Design iteratively and using feedback from internal stakeholders to make your designs as effective as possible.
- Your designs are focused on concrete solutions for better experience and more efficient use of the software.
TBA Group was established over 30 years ago; with offices in Delft (NL), Dusseldorf (DE), Leicester (UK) and Doncaster (UK) and Satu Mare (RO), we’re award-winning and one of Europe’s leading software development companies for the intermodal and logistics companies. Through our innovative software, we produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide.
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, informal atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition, there are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation.